Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi im new!!

Hi! *waves*

Um... I came here because im getting tired of this. I am nowhere near as severe as a lot of people. I dont cut food out of my diet, i dont worry about being sick in public and look for ways out or anything. I just have a plain ol phobia of the actual vomiting itself. In the past 10 years i have had food poisening, alcohol poisening and all sorts but have not vomited once. You might think, well thats fine nothing to worry about. But the reason is because i will force myself not to. I know every trick in the book to stop myself vomiting. But sometimes i wish i could. When you feel really ill, its the best thing for you. But i have panis attacks when i start to feel nauseas, i will sit in the bathroom for hours and hours because i am so scared.I hate travelling because i always feel ill and i overdose on travel medication every time, just in case.

I would love to be free from this fear, but to do that id have to face it right? And i dont want to face it. Its a catch 22. I want to be free, but i cant bring myself to face my fear. What do i do?

x

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of good information and support here.

Since you know every trick in the book to keep from *v*, is there any way that you could share that with the rest of us? I think the majority of us on this site are always looking for ways to suppress *v*.

Do you fear others *v* as well?

Jess

Welcome!!!Yes, do tell[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

oh and also...who is that gorgeous creature you have pictured there?[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Welcome to the site! Please tell me all the tricks you know to stop yourself from V*ing. I haven't V*ed in 7 years...knock on wood...I hope this site treats you well.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hi and welcome!

To be free of your fear, you don't actually have to "face it". "Facing it" would be akin to re-traumatizing yourself, and wouldn't cure anything. Treatment for emetophobia involves being able to a) think about your phobia differently and b) learning how to cope with the anxiety (and thus reduce it to nothing) LITTLE BY LITTLE...in such small amounts that you won't get more than just mildly nervous..never actually afraid. A good therapist will be able to do this for you, and you will not be afraid during treatment.

I took leaps and bounds in my original therapy and stood up to a lot of fear in big chunks. Then, for the next 2 years I "backed up" and attacked it in very small amounts...which works way better anyway.

Send me a pm if you like. And check out the papers I've written at the top of the "Treatments" thread - on sticky posts. One is basic info. Another is how to get professional help.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

I suppose i know tricks that stop myself V* but i doubt they are foolproof. They have worked for 9 years but who knows for how much longer. My mum is a natural healer and a big part of how i stop myself is breathing techniques. I also suffer panic attacks and these actually stop me v* so im not sure i wanna stop them.

The gorgeous creature is the one and only Mr Taylor Hanson.

x

God he grew up did'nt he Sweetness?!I almost feel naughty now(I'm 33 he's like what, 20?)[img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]Sage I love what you said-"a)think about your phobia differently and b) learning how to cope with the anxiety (and thus reduce it to nothing) " I'm gonna go look for your treatments thread.

He's 22! But dont feel bad, he is married and a daddy now! Everyone is allowed to be attracted to him, he is afterall the most beautiful creature to grace the planet [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans