Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default At work and not sure how I will survive the next 2.5 hours...

I have severe pain in the side of my neck and can't move it to the left. I feel nauseous. It could be because of my extreme anxiety and neck pain but I am terrified I'm sick and will throw up at work or later at my massage and I am also worried I'll have to leave early because I cant tolerate myself.

I've tried eating but now I almost feel worse and am so afraid I'm sick.

Default Re: At work and not sure how I will survive the next 2.5 hours...

I really don't think you're sick. The pain in your neck could very easily be the cause. I hope the massage made you feel better!!

I hope the massage fixes the problem. That sounds like some pretty intense pain.

Last year i had this aweful pain in my neck, turned out i had done something to the muscle, but it was extremely painful and i felt very nauseous .. it was impossible to move my neck to the left, it was as if it was locked to the right. It was like it for close to two weeks .. but i never vomited, pain like that can cause nausea, i'm pretty certain you are fine (:

Quote Originally Posted by eatingscaresme View Post
    I have severe pain in the side of my neck and can't move it to the left. I feel nauseous. It could be because of my extreme anxiety and neck pain but I am terrified I'm sick and will throw up at work or later at my massage and I am also worried I'll have to leave early because I cant tolerate myself.

I've tried eating but now I almost feel worse and am so afraid I'm sick.
    Sounds like a cricked neck which comes on suddendly at anytime in the day and it down to either bad posture of sleeping wierdly. Problem is that although its only a neck problem, it also can cause headaches, nausea, tiredness and dizziness, all of which can set your anxiety off to cause further worsening symptoms. Try doing a few small exercises and its should be better tomorrow.