Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Member

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michelle and for many years I have had a phobia about throwing up. I never knew there was a name for this kind of phobia, only in the last year did I know what is was called. I was also happy to know that I was not the only person who had this phobia. Most of my family and friends have never had this issue, except one of my girlfriends. So, for a long time I did believe this was a strange and irrational phobia.

This site is strange and yet I am actually happy to come across it. I do not want to live my life fearing that I might get sick. I do want to be able to live without this phobia one day. I hope this site is supportive to people who do want to overcome this kind of phobia. ( I think it is healtier to be able to rid your body when you do not feel good)

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself, Please feel free to write me if you like,

thanks,
    Michelle

Hello...
    Welcome.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hi! Your story sounds a lot like a lot of peoples that i've heard here, and i bet a lot of us can relate. Welcome!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I, too, was very happy to find this site. I had no idea so many
    people felt the same way as I did about being sick. It still
    makes me feel better to read about some of the things that everyone
    does, that I do too! WELCOME! Carrie

Hi! I've only been a member of the site myself for about 6 weeks, and I can honestly not describe the relief I felt when I found the site. I am sure you'll find these guys very wise and helpful [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Welcome.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just found this site yesterday! I am very glad to have come across it

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is a very commen phobia. I too was very relieved to find this site 2 years ago...it has been a wonderful support network...welcome !!

I curious as to how people avoid being sick, when the need seems to hit. I, myself remember a few months back I dont know if it was something I ate or drank, but the next morning I woke up just feeling queazy. I knew I had to v**** but I just kept trying to breath deeply and talk myself out of it. I honestly think I was having a panic attack because of my fear of v****. I started to feel better when I drank some baking soda (which can releave sour stomachs) However, I honestly feel like I can not live like this anymore. I dont feel normal when I freak out over something that is a natural process, even if it is not pleasant.

Does anyone know of any techniques I can use that may allieviate my anxiety about getting sick??

Michelle

Hello Michelle! Welcome! You will find a wonderful network of people here, a supportive group who all want to rid our fears of v*ing. I have panic disorder and I believe that it is b/c of my emetophobia. I tend to get more anxious during flu season, or if someone actually v*'s I will have a severe panic attack. There are a few things I have found over the years that help with this panic thing. One, lavender oil is a relaxant when inhaled. Even just boiling a pot of water with a few drops in it helps. (there was a time when I actually carried a small vial of it around my neck at all times, just in case). Peppermint tea is very calming, as well as chamomile. Warmth. A good movie helps me (low drama!!!).

Unfortunetly, many of us here, including myself, do take Rx's for this panic and anxiety. However, I do feel they should be a last resort. I could not function and was agoraphobic as well for a period of time.

Anyway, hope this helps, and, again, welcome to the site. Everyone here is wonderful!!

Crystal[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!