Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just had a takeaway vegeterian curry from our local Chinese. Normally the food from there is great, but tonight it came and was kinda lukewarm. My Dad brought it home, so I know it wasn't waiting ages to be delivered or anything, although I guess it took my stepmum a minute or so to serve it up. ANyway I ate the majority of it, putting the stuff that was only lukewarm to one side, but some of the curry was pretty good temperatue, and in fact one forkfol even burned my mouth a little. Does this mean that it was properly cooked and some of it just cooled down faster?

I'm worried in case I'm gonna get food poisoning. Will it be ok? Please tell me honestly so I know if I need to prep for the worst!!
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it was vegetarian I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes the places already have food prepared before it's ordered and that my be the reason why some of it was only lukewarm. I go to a Chinese place around here and sometimes their food is lukewarm but I know it's because they prepare it before they even get the order for it. I think You'll be fine. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Are you sure? As far as I know they make a whole batch of sauce and then they cook the ingredients separately and then mix the two. My parents said their curries were ok. Even if it was lukewarm and had been cooked and then reheated to be sent to us, would it still be okay?
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll be fine.

I think this aspect of Emetophobia is linked in with OCD. Things like lukewarm food, spoiled food etc rarely has any effect on the person eating it. The only time it will have an effect is if its already contaminated before cooking.

Believe me you will be fine, if you worry about it that will make you more ill.

x
    <font color=MAGENTA>*~Lauren~*</font>
    [b]Music fans

Thanks, my friend has just pointed out to me that you can eat vegetables raw so it shold be fine. I just hope everyone's right!

Just try your best not to think about it. Because that can often make you feel alot worse.

Where in the UK are you from?

x
    [b]Music fans

the north east, yourself?

Edinburgh!

x
    [b]Music fans

Yenn, you probably would have been sick by now...and luckewarm food will not make you sick anyway...dont worry too much !! Bye for now