Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: :((((((

Default :((((((

I just got back from my vacation and I'm afraid I caught something from the flight even though I didn't eat with my hands. I'm panicking so bad right now...My stomach feels strange (( I'm soo scared. I'm sorry for posting so much

Default Re: :((((((

Hi Kaikey,

Ugh, I hate when I get scared like this. Its like you KNOW that there is really no way you caught something but your mind doesn't let you believe it. Just remember that the only way you can catch it is if you touch your face, which you said you didn't, or if someone does the awful deed in front of you. Keep reminding yourself that you didn't eat with your hands and you seems to be very aware of avoiding it. The chances of you catching something are SO slim. I'm sure the funny feeling in your stomach is nerves. =)

I feel better now but I'm so anxious i really thought this was it. I did touch my face though but I don't ever touch my mouth. Am I still okay?????

Viruses can't crawl can they????

Oh, I'm sorry!!! I didn't explain well enough lol. No, touching your face won't make you catch it. I say "face" to generalize your eyes, mouth, and nose. Cheeks and stuff are okay. I'm so sorry if I scared you!

Also, if it makes you feel any better, my dad flies nearly everyday and he has never caught a SV. =)

I'm almost 100% sure they can't crawl haha. Even if they could and you touched your cheek, they're so tiny, they would die before they even got half way to your mouth, nose, or eyes. =) But I would be shocked if they could crawl.

Hi Kimberly,

You didn't scare me!! Thank you for responding, I feel a lot better now!!

I'm glad you made it home safe. Did you enjoy your trip? Did you take lots of photos?

Hey Grace, it's nice to be home! Def a really nice experience. It's like a different country compared to California, wow! I'm still stuck with allergies and my husband got hit really hard with it the day after. I took lots of pics. Didn't get to see any of the museums but will next time! I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see the rest of the US.

I'm so glad you had fun while you were here. Hopefully next time things will be open so you can see more stuff.