Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New and in a panic

I actually just found this site. I am emetophobic and have been for as long as I can remember. I am 21 now. I have 1 baby that is 6 months old and one on the way. I am 12 weeks pregnant. Every winter my emet gets so much worse! This year it has been absoultely terrible. I am constantly worried about the baby getting sick and my husband and myself. I will be honest, I really dont leave the house much. But over this last weekend we went and visited family. No one was sick that I knew of but of course we went into gas stations and stuff. I do have morning sickness but I do not v*. I didnt have morning sickness last night or the night before. But I believe it has come back tonight and its bad but for some reason I am freaking out thinking it is the noro or some sort of bug. I dont have and D* only nausea. I am having a silent panic attack. I cant breathe and nauseous and feel like crying. I also have depression and I withdrawal. Thats the only way I know to deal with anything bad. :/ Growing up my parents werent understanding of my phobia and I believe it made it a little worse. Thats why I keep to myself. And if I do talk about it its through text to my husband even if he is sitting across the room from me. But I need help and reassurance. Is it a bug??? Or do you think its just the pregnancy? I am praying its just the pregnancy. But I am so scared right now... Please help! I haven't v* since I was really little so I really dont know what symptoms for a bug look like or feel like. HELP!!!!

Default Re: New and in a panic

D* is normally a major symptom of noro. It's also watery. I'd say if you haven't gotten any other symptoms and just the n* you're probably not sick.

I feel your pain. I have four kids, never had morning sickness but did feel yuck sometimes. Wasn't always in the morning either. I did get sick one time with my third baby but oddly enough it was the one time i didn't panic and i had felt n all day, however, it wasnt do bad i couldn't deal with it. When i finally did get sick, still i didn't panic and it was over quickly and painlessly. I remembet feeling euphoric afterwards as if i had been given valium. I also thought that i wanted to memorize that whole day so that i could refer back to it several times because i lived through it, it was unpleasant but i survived, i felt like a million bucks afterwards and the sprite i drank kicked back in my recliner was the most awesome thing I'd ever put in my mouth!

What km trying too say is you need to know you will be okay either way. Look in the mirror and say it out loud, i will be okay. I will make it through. This is a tiny bump I'm the road on the million miles of life ahead. Just a slight pause.

I say this for you as well asa reminder for myself. Only say positive words to your brain. It will believe what you tell it, whether positive or negative. That's how we got into this mess and that's how we get out!

Quote Originally Posted by rileysmom View Post
    I feel your pain. I have four kids, never had morning sickness but did feel yuck sometimes. Wasn't always in the morning either. I did get sick one time with my third baby but oddly enough it was the one time i didn't panic and i had felt n all day, however, it wasnt do bad i couldn't deal with it. When i finally did get sick, still i didn't panic and it was over quickly and painlessly. I remembet feeling euphoric afterwards as if i had been given valium. I also thought that i wanted to memorize that whole day so that i could refer back to it several times because i lived through it, it was unpleasant but i survived, i felt like a million bucks afterwards and the sprite i drank kicked back in my recliner was the most awesome thing I'd ever put in my mouth!

What km trying too say is you need to know you will be okay either way. Look in the mirror and say it out loud, i will be okay. I will make it through. This is a tiny bump I'm the road on the million miles of life ahead. Just a slight pause.

I say this for you as well asa reminder for myself. Only say positive words to your brain. It will believe what you tell it, whether positive or negative. That's how we got into this mess and that's how we get out!
    My "morning" sickness only hits at night. I always feel great in the morning. It hits about early to mid afternoon. So its normal for me to be nauseous this time of night. But since I havent had it for a few days, I am freaked out. Also I am going to congnitive behavioral therapy. I have a pretty hard time staying positive part of my depression...

I understand. I fight with depression as well and still fight this phobia nearly daily but wanted to try to help.