Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Noro?! Please help!

I work in a daycare and a lot of kids have the sv*. I only work part time and have never had to deal with any v* kids though. I am crazy about washing my hands although I fear I may have touched my face a few times . I have been insanely anxious since I left work today. I can't tell if I'm n* or not! I took a Zofran at 9:30 and I took one last night. I haven't had any d* and I ate a banana around 9:40. But here's my horrible thought: Zofran makes me constipated! So do I really have the sv* but I don't realize it yet because the Zofran is keeping me from having d*?! I know I'm rambling, I'm sorry. I'm shaking, it's hard for me to type this all out. Please help especially if you have experience with Zofran.

Default Re: Noro?! Please help!

Also I am 31w pregnant or I would take Klonopin to calm down but obviously I can't. I fear I may end up at the ER. I can't calm down.

You should be fine. Just keep up the good hygiene. Take deep breaths right now and try to meditate. Tell yourself that you WILL be ok, no matter what.

Thank you for the comforting words. I was able to sleep for a few hours but I woke up and am shaking again. I still do not have d* and I'm not sure if I am even n*, but I'm afraid it's the Zofran "tricking" me. I actually have an appetite (a yogurt sounds good, oddly) but I am way too anxious to eat. I wouldn't have an appetite of this was noro, right? Even on Zofran? Is anyone else up that can help me?

You don't have noro, its fine.

I made it through the night with minimal sleep. I realize I must not have noro. Thank you both for the reassurance.

I am really freaking out about work. I called in today because I barely slept and being pregnant, I need to rest myself for my little one. I don't want to be in that building until these kids are no longer v*. I wish it were Thursday or Friday, not Tuesday, so there would be a weekend to break it up. I am afraid I won't be able to go back this week at all, which I know isn't logical, but if I somehow managed not to contract noro yet, I don't want to chance it.

Can I get it even though no kids have v* around me? One kid had d* during nap and I was in the room, but I didn't touch him at all or go near him--another teacher cleaned him up. I made sure to wash my hands several times and I did not touch my face at all in that room.

As long as you wash your hands before putting them on your face/eating, the chances are SLIM to none that you will contract noro.
    I can understand being pregnant and all that noro would be an unwanted experience, but honestly if you take precautions it probably won't happen. Besides, have any of the other staff contracted it? Could be all the kids have a bug spreading through them that adults are immune to anyway. If that makes you feel any better, just think of it like that but keep with the hand washing just to be safe.

I understand how you are feeling. I teach a special needs preschool and several of the kids have been s*. Today, my babysitter is s* with noro. I feel like I am surrounded by it. I'm pretty sure I had it in December, but I am still worried.

I take precautions such as wearing gloves every time I change a child and washing my hands before I leave to go home. Since I have a baby, I even take my shoes off so that I'm not dragging my dirty infested shoes through the house where he crawls.

This time of year sucks...it really does.