Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default So How's Everyone Doing This Evening?

I always see threads starting up to everything about emetophobia but I thought, eh, let's try one for a change that's just asking people how things are, shoot the shat. o v o

Myself, I've taken pleasure in watching the snow, taken pleasure in receiving a pair of nice stockings, and is rather excited over managing to scrape up the money to order a couple of things off of ebay. At the same time I've been worrying myself sick over the fact that I'm moving across the country in a couple months - funny enough, I'm not worried about anything related to sickness on the plane (even though I did a strict checking of allowed over the counter medication and how you can have water bottles taken past security, all to successful conclusions!) but more worried about how my cat is going to be on the trip. We don't want her under with the other animals and we will have her drugged up and on board with us, but...well, people do say that your pets take after their owners, and she definitely took in every last element of my anxiety and I'm worrisome over her adapting to a new environment.

How's everyone else been doing?

Default Re: So How's Everyone Doing This Evening?

I traveled across the country with my elderly cat and it was pure misery. We drove, of course, the old boy wouldn't eat and hardly drank for the whole four days. He sat in his cage and cried the whole time. I sure hope your cat is better than mine. As you can see by my profile pic, in spite of his constant whining and refusal to hardly even use the box, he made it through just fine. I would talk to the vet about the best way to crate and travel with your cat so you don't have my experience. Luckily, flights are a lot shorter than drives. Also, maybe try to have his favorite toys and things around when he gets to his new home. My cat was quite anxious and disoriented until our stuff arrived.

On the other topic, I've had a rather dull day of housekeeping and dental appointments. Nothing exciting going on here.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that! We're luckily taking the six-hour flight, and we're hoping to find one that goes straight through. And thanks for the advice; we were thinking of placing a pillow case she uses as a blanket and her little stuffed lamb with her into her cage.

A reprieve from anxiety tonight, thank god. The past couple of nights my anxiety has been through the roof. I had eaten very little this past 48 hours, got very little sleep. Finally got 8 hours of continuous sleep today, and ate a full meal. I am feeling so much better.

Still very anxious about going out to eat, but I am starting to enjoy food once again.

Are you having one of those periods?
    I always have periods, certain days or even weeks where my anxiety just peaks the heck out of nowhere before it suddenly settles down again.
    I'm sure you can get through it. ^ ^

SO GLAD TO BE HOME. In bed with my heating pads and OH. Had a long day with a hit and run, then car breaking down, then work. TGIF (it's my Friday today.)
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Yeah, I saw those forums...I really hope that you get to feeling better soon!