Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Just having a bad moment

My health just seems to get worse. I've been bed ridden for weeks now. Nothing contagious, I don't know what's going on. But I've been needing to get out. My son had gymnastics yesterday so we went. About 5 minutes before we left my 2 yr old was under the bench I was sitting on. We were just heading out and I realized he was trying to chew on something. So I swoop it out if his mouth I have no idea what it was it was sticky and too hard for him to chew. Then today we went to the mall to get a few shirts and my boys wanted pretzel dogs. So as I was paying and handing stuff to the boys I went to get the baby's hand and he had a piece of gum. I was freaking out so bad, still am. I have no idea where he got it or what kind of mouth it was in. He had to of had it in his mouth because it was wet. Little kids are nightmares!!!!!!
    I love them little because they are so cute. But they are little germ machines!!! Ugh......
    I hope he doesn't get anything from that stuff.

Default Re: Just having a bad moment

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time Are you getting tested or have you spoken to a doc about how you're feeling? It sucks not knowing what's going on. Esp as an emet, we so over analyze every single thing our body does

Silly kids. Think of it this way, they're just building their immune system he will likely be just fine, kids do this stuff all the time without issues!

Well today marks the 72 hrs since my son had the gum issue. I have been watching him like a hawk. Right now he's asleep and every noise he makes freaks me out. I have just been having a bad time lately and stressing over this is making it worse. It's night and I hate night. It seems like every fear I have comes to haunt me at this time. Like today. I slept in really late. Woke up and began cleaning my house. I ate some cereal, drank about half a rockstar, then later on I took a diet pill, a little after that I had some tater tots and a couple pieces of candy. I made some coffee because I cleaned the bathrooms with bleach and I couldn't get the smell or taste out of my mouth. Then a cup if coffee. About 7 I went to get Wendy's because I didn't take anything out for dinner. But I ate a little bit of a chicken sandwich but I really wasn't hungry. Now I'm freaking out over why I wasn't hungry. Maybe it was the diet pill. I don't know. I hate this. Analyzing everything all the time. I'm miserable and my mind makes me even more miserable. I hope I don't have a SV. That's all I can think about when things don't seem right. I need help.

Well for the hunger thing (or lack thereof) think about what you've put in your body. Caffeine, caffeine, diet pill. All of those are appetite suppresents! My husband has a few cups of coffee and isn't hungry for ages afterward. So I'd say totally normal considering what you had

Your son is totally fine, as most kids who touch germs constantly are

I totally understand the night time anxiety issue. Just breathe, and distract yourself. You are totally fine!

Are you in therapy at all? I would highly recommend considering it if you aren't! I have found my talk/cbt therapy to be very useful in my journey to ridding myself of this phobia!

Well we both woke up with messed up throats so far. Maybe allergies because we don't have any other symptoms. I have body pain and weakness but I've been like that for weeks. Doc says its fybromyalgia so he gave me medication for it but it hasn't done much for me yet.

I was in therapy for awhile but it did no good. All I did was talk and never got any feed back so I quit figuring it was just a waste of money. If I want to talk and not get any feedback I can talk to my wall and its free.

Nights are just bad for me. I always have a hard time.