Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sore throat, cough, possible fever & chills?

I'm so nervous right now. I've been sick since Sunday, with a terrible sore throat (the worst, like knives in my throat) and a barky cough. I've had my throat swabbed for strep throat and I'll hopefully get the results tomorrow. There's nothing else (no runny nose, stuffy nose, etc) and my mom said I'm feeling warm tonight. I'm really warm but I have these chill like sensations. I never get fevers but I'm pretty sure that's a typical fever symptom?

I took a nap and I've woken up feeling really weird. I can't explain it. I'm not hungry at all. I'm now making myself worse by worrying about if I'll v* or not. I'm just sipping on water and about to take an ibuprofen for the pain and also the fever.

Grr. This sucks. And I'm not allowed to stay home. I'm sicker than I've been in a long time; my mom says that I "don't need to be at home." My school nurse urged me to go home today, called my mom, told her I was burning up and was very sick (coughing every second and I basically have no voice) and my mom said she'd pick me up... after school.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Sore throat, cough, possible fever & chills?

My temperature is 101.4... I just feel awful and anxious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Sounds like you have seasonal flu. Get lots of fluids and plenty of rest. I hope you feel better soon. You most likely won't v from this.

It could possibly be tonsilitis, which can be viral and wouldnt show on a strep test. Drinking plenty of water helps, and you may get a bit of nausea due to the pain in your throat, but vomiting is very unlikely for Non-Emets, its unheared of in Emets. I have exactly the same things, except I have aches, pains, running nose and headache. Again this is probably a cold with tonsilitis, I too dont feel hungry, however if you eat, please try as with Tonsilitis, you generally dont want to eat, yet eating makes you recover quicker.

Sounds like influenza. Adults don't v* with that. Kids can occasionally, but that is even rare.

I would say possibly strep, but with the cough it doesn't sound like it would be that. The fever can make you feel pretty bad, so try to keep that under control with tylenol or advil, etc. It won't make you v* though.

And by "kids" I mean kids under 10 years old.

First of fall you should complete rest and also try some home remedies like this Honey is one best sore throat remedy add several teaspoons to 1 cup of hot water or herbal tea 2 times a day .Garlic as another aid to fight off infection against sore throats this two tips are very effective use this i hope you fell better in few times