Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Did/do I have noro?

On Tuesday night, I kept waking up with intense stomach cramps and chills. I had mild n*. I'm 31 weeks pregnant. I started feeling what felt like rhythmic cramps and my uterus would tighten and then release. I called my doctor and she advised me to go to labor & delivery. They monitored my baby and my uterus. I still had this deep, deep pain under my belly button. I got up to pee and BAM, complete d*. I started to panic, telling the nurses I was an emet and I couldn't throw up. Because I was having uterine contractions and diarrhea, they hooked up up to IV fluids and I was there for hours. I had d* every 30 mins to an hour that was preceded by the deep cramping. I had some n* but it was quite mild. I did not eat but I did chew on ice and sip ginger ale and water (very little sips). I went home and slept for about 14 hours. I woke up and still have d*, but I feel my strength is up. Was this a virus? When should I try to eat and what?

Default Re: Did/do I have noro?

It could have been a small virus but it could also been that your uterine contractions got your intestines contracting as well and caused the d*. However I don't think you will v*, especially if the nausea was only very mild. You should eat if you feel hungry, but since you still have d* you might want to stick to binding foods like the BRAT diet (Bananas Rice Applesauce Toast). Feel better!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My guess is that it was the contrax. I had that happen around 28 weeks with my daughter. The contrax can be quite painful, cause nausea, and can give you diarrhea. Drink lots of water and try laying on your left side. That may help all of ur symptoms.

They didn't tell you at the hospital what it was?

No, they didn't tell me what it was. The doctor said she believed the uterine contractions were due to the upset/contractions in my intestines so she believed I had a GI bug of some sort but there was no confirmation of noro/roto etc. The d* definitely looked/smelled like the d* I've had with a sv*. I still have d* today although I haven't eaten since 7pm on Tuesday night. I also got a ton of fluids through the IV which would have presumably stopped the d* once they were absorbed if it was normal d*. I really hope what this is is what has been going around and now I've had it and don't have to worry about catching it :/

I would be a little more worried about the baby right now. They warn you that you can get diarreah with contractions or even days before labor. I had my baby at 34 weeks. I had d* with contractions. My water also broke at 31 weeks and that started everything. I would watch out for more signs of the baby coming. Cause thats what it almost sounds like. Keep drinking and maybe suck on popcicles or something for the baby. I am pregnant as well and when I am nauseous thats what helps me. I am 13 weeks.

They did a test on me that is supposed to determine whether or not I will go into labor in the next 2 weeks. It was negative, meaning there's a 99% chance I won't. They monitored my contractions with a monitor for the entire time I was there and the doctor said they weren't "productive". My cervix is completely closed. I just tried to eat a piece of toast and it went through me in the form of d* and now I'm queasy. I feel like it has to be the sv* or some bug.

If the fFn was negative, my guess wld be u have a bug. Hopefully the d* will stop soon. Just do ur best to stay hydrated to keep any contrax to a minimum. Those fFn's are very reliable!

It sounds more like a bug to me. I've had pre-term labor and never had d* with it. I didn't have d* with labor...and I am very prone to d*.

I had noro back around Christmas and I had bad stomach cramps and n*. Also d*. Sorry if this is tmi...but the way I can tell if it is a bug or not is that when it is a bug it is complete water. I didn't v*.

I am glad your contractions weren't productive. I had pre-term contractions for a couple of months with my last 2 pregnancies and the had to induce with 1 and c-section (my choice b/c he was a big baby and I was starting to develop pre-eclampsia) with the other. So my guess is that you'll go to term. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Yes it is complete water. We always call it "peeing out of our butts" (TMI I guess) to make light of it. I'm glad to read that you also had contractions that were unproductive and you even had to be induced! That makes me feel better. Thanks for the reassurance and well wishes!

I had contractions start at 33 weeks with my second baby. I ended up staying the night at the hospital to stop them. Mine was caused from a urinary tract infection. When the nurse asked well haven't you noticed frequent urineation I said really I'm pregnant I pee all the time dude! So yes little upsets can give you contractions I found that out.