Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: in a panic

Default in a panic

ugh ive been feeling fine for ages, but i ate some food and halfway through it felt really bloated like i had wind but it turned into feeling sick. now i feel all sick and my arms feel weak and im all shakey im worried ive got a bug, helpppp

Default Re: in a panic

It's ok..this happens to me often! usually its because i eat really fast... idk why, but i do. everytime. Maybe thats wht happened. when u swollow too much air while youre eating, u can feel bloated/gassy, and it will make u feel icky.. til u burp.. or go # 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try sipping club soda. It will make you burp which will release the pressure you feel. You're probably feeling very anxious which is why your arms are numb. This happens to me all the time. I am very certain you won't v*!

Sipping a coke helps me when I feel that way-- makes me burp, then I feel relief. Valen, I eat really fast, too! I picked it up when I was in recovery from anorexia (mostly emet-related, I think). Anyway, we were required to eat a certain amount of food at each meal and because I was so afraid of the v* thing, it's like I had to just eat and get it over with-- without thinking. I find that I still do that, because if I start thinking about what I'm eating, etc, I just can't do it. Over the years, I have maintained a healthy weight, etc (10+yrs), but that old habit is stuck. It stinks especially with chronic n*/IBS-- eating fast does not help that

It is probably just an air bubble. Some air bubbles I get make me feel really nauseous. Then it passes and I feel alot better.