Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Horrible day... is it nearly over? :(

I've had such a weird day and feel awful. I could really do with some advice!

This morning I woke up fine, and went out to grab a cheese croissant and a latte with my other half for valentines. I went to work as normal and felt fine but I noticed I was getting quite hot and sweaty throughout the day. All of a sudden I got this washing wave of n* and I just felt more clammy, with hot flushes but still feeling kinda chilly.

I tried some grounding techniques which seemed to help, but just when I thought I might be okay, I got this massive wave of n* again. I had to leave my desk and go call my other half. I felt weak, light headed, I was having hot flushes, and felt so n*, I felt I couldn't even look away from the floor.

I tried going back to my desk but despite just sitting still for an hour I couldn't concentrate. The waves were still off and on of n* and I felt weak. I eventually went home. I managed to have some lunch and chilled out.

When my other half came home I noticed I wasn't too hungry but didn't think too much, but I was still having hot and cold flushes. I still managed my dinner but then I felt really full, and ended up having d* out of nowhere.

I'm now sitting here feeling upset because this has been nearly all day. I'm petrified to go to bed, even though I've taken two phenergans today. My face feels warmish but I don't feel hot or too cold at the moment. My face just feels clammy.

I'm so sorry but can anyone help? Feeling so distraught because of how long this is lasting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Horrible day... is it nearly over? :(

i am in chat, sorry was afk, make a sound when you enter so i know you are there. feel better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Get well soon.

I have been having the same kind of day... I woke up feeling fine then ate buttered toast and a cupcake (Not healthy I know but I am pregnant and it looked good haha) But after that I went and sat down and got on the computer. A little later I felt the erge to use the restroom. It wasnt d* but It was looser then normal. I wouldnt say I have felt super n* today but my stomach feels weird and if I try to eat I do get n* Its been going on all day as well. Its been frustrating. I feel your pain. Try to relax. Get a cold rag to put over your face it will help, and then sit back and relax. Ask your other half to help you get through this. whether it be hold your hand or help talk you through it. Thats what helps me. Feel better! Sorry your going through it.

When I have d* from a sv, it usually lasts around 6 to 8 hours. I just don't worry about eating. I will sip water off and on as long as I'm not v*.

I hope you are feeling better.

Sounds like anxiety to me. Hope your better

Take some immodium and rest. Cut out food and sugary drinks for a few hours and relax with a movie. Hope you are ok xxx