Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Feel like I'm going Insane!

I just need to vent or I'll take any advice you guys have.

The sickness that keeps going around( the noro, etc.) is driving me crazy. I have gotten to where I am having my Panic Attacks very frequently now. My OCD has gone into over drive and I feel out of control. I don't go anywhere except to get groceries; and that is a challenge! I "decontaminate" everything that comes into the house, including the mail and my husband. lol He's getting worried and sometimes aggravated with me. Heck I am getting aggravated with me! I don't know what to do to get a handle on myself. Even when I get "D" I panic. I panic when my husband just goes to the restroom.
    I have tried to check the news less, but sometimes I can't help myself, because I have to know where this bug is.
    I don't know what to do. I keep crying because I am scared and confused; and I'm tired of this craziness I feel.

Default Re: Feel like I'm going Insane!

if you keep your hands washed, don't touch your face, and avoid contact with people that are experiencing noro symptoms, you have very little to worry about. In the end the thing that affects us the most is the anxiety and panic. How often do you actually get sick with an sv? When was the last time you v*?

It's been several years since *v and I usually (knock on wood) don't get sv's. Thanks for your reply!

I`m no better, everytime I go out to the shops I wonder if the groceries were handled or stacked by someone carrying noro. Hospital appointments are the worst, on tuesday I had to go to an appointment at my local hospital for an ultrasound & steroid injection in my shoulder beause of impingment syndrome, & Iv`e been worrying about noro since. It`s been 48 hours so I should be in the clear.

((Hugs)) I know...I feel the same way. I keep trying to look at it this way: tomorrow is the first day of March. We are almost through the season. It usually peaks in January, so the cases are declining now. The news only has old facts, I've noticed. We had another wave of it go through our school 2 weeks ago through the begininng of last week, but this week has been much better. The bug has been everywhere...so it's not hitting one place at a time. It has likely been in your area for months and you have avoided it this long so just a few more weeks to go!