Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Approaching my 1 Year...having a tough time :(

Hi guys,

It's been a little while since I've posted on here, since I have found that sometimes not reading about *SV scares can actually help me cope better day-to-day. But anyways, I'm coming up on my 1 year since last having a *SV and I'm starting to freak out. My last was Feb. 24 2012, and I know that a week from today is "the day" even though it's the 23rd. I worked on a Fri and Sat, and then that Sat night was when "it" started. Even though I know rationally that the chances of it happening again on the same day are minuscule, I still can't help but feel like it's bound to happen again. The only thing that's helping is that I live in Tennessee now, whereas I was living in Massachusetts last year. You can really feel Spring starting here, which is part of the reason that my phobia has been better the past couple weeks. I'd love to hear if any of you guys go through these feelings when you come up on your "anniversaries" so to speak. Thanks so much!

Default Re: Approaching my 1 Year...having a tough time :(

Happy early vomiversary! I don't fear mine, I celebrate it. About 70% of people vomit in a typical year, so if you can make it a year without it, you're special. Congratulations to you! Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can definitely empathize. This past October was my "one year," and I was so nervous. I was even supposed to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding that weekend, but the wedding was called off. I can't say I wasn't relieved . The good news is that it didn't happen again on that date-- or near that date. I have faith that the fear will get less and less as I pass that date v-free. It's just one of those things that gets branded in our minds, I think.

That happened to me. I had the sv* on December 28th of 2011 and when december 28th 2012 came, i was a nervous wreck. I pretty much didnt eat for a week before that date and didnt eat at all that day. But, nothing happened. You'll be fine! Don't worry too much, try to do things to get your mind off it!