Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wait a sec...

...Ive just noticed. Ive been looking in on this ite when Ive been feeling less than good, and I cant help but think Im the only lad who uses this site. Theres a lot of times when people have been talking about having boyfriends who dont get it, but I aint heard a lot from other guys whos gilfriends dont get it. Is it something only women can get?(I wouldnt have thought it was possible for a fear to be sexist)Cos I am a pretty bad hypochondriac. I once saw this bloke being wheeled away after having a heart attack n I had pains down my left arm for a couple of weeks (or thouht I did hahahaha). Yeah, Im messed up, but ya gotta laugh or you'll cry n get water on ya keyboard, n WHO WANTS THAT? eH?Edited by: dx onion

There are other guys here...More girls than guys but there are some around here. They come on sometimes.. ^_^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

ah thats good. Your window skin colours got me worried; im not an apricot or baby blue sort of guy hehehe.

lol. you make me laugh!

There are guys around here... i mean look at the founder himself.!!! JOHN!

and unless thats typically a girls name from where u r.. *looks*... in the UK.. nope.

=P

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anxiety disorders do affect more women than men, but not to an unreasonable degree. Can't remember the statistic now...guessing it's like 70% women, 30% men. This site usually reflects that , but we're a bit "low on men" just now! Men are also more ashamed of anxiety disorders, and less likely to admit they have them or seek help (even online).

Welcome, Onion...

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Don't worry about being called sexist. I had that same thought when I
    first came here and I'm a woman. Besides, you know that it isn't a
    disorder only women get since you have it.

There are a lot more women at this site, but there are a few guys other than you don't worry.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Ah well, at least I made you laugh (even if you only threw your head back in sarcastic disgust at my lack of knowledge and let out a "HA", as I guess is probably the case).

By the way, Im a geordie, so go easy on the refrences to "my part of the country". Were pretty sensitive about our stupid accents, never mind our lack of sensibility.

Aye.

There aresome guys on here, I used to talk to one or two when I was here before, does seem over populated with girls just lately though doesnt it? Emets statistically more a female thing though, and talkings more a female thing, men are supposed to be more likely to cope by going out n getting drunk or something according to my psychology class at least, lol.

Hmm. come to think of it quite a few ppl have left since I was here last, or at least arent posting regularly anymore. I suppose thats a good thing, maybe they are getting better?

Okay, so I'm a dumb Canadian...what's a "Geordie"? You sound sort of Scottish - but what do I know?
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Geordie is Newcastle right? Not Scottish though I guess they "aye"'s could confuse some people lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.