Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Maybe I spoke too soon?

I typed something about the season winding down yesterday. Again, the only articles I see on noro are ones that are rehashing older ones word for word.

However, one of the other teachers came up to me today and said to be careful b/c there is a sv going around school again. Ugh...she couldn't have picked someone else to tell this to? Anyway, she said she had 3 kids in her class v yesterday. Yay.

So, back to holding my breath at night and waiting for one of the kids to come and tell me their stomach hurts. Or over-analyzing each and every spit up from my baby. Sigh...c'mon spring.

Default Re: Maybe I spoke too soon?

sucks, but knowledge is half the battle. Now you know to be vigilant about your hand washing!

I feel the same way summer is taking forever to get here. I can't wait for the last day of school for my kids. I want them out of that germ factory ahhh.

Its the crazy weather this year. At least here. Yesterday it was 50 and today 20 with snow. I havent heard alot of noro as of late. Alot of people we know caught influenza or fevers. Winter is dragging this year, got a ways to go yet.

Weather is same here near Cleveland Ohio and my boss has IT last weekend....UGH!!!

Hoping it goes away soon!

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Its the crazy weather this year. At least here. Yesterday it was 50 and today 20 with snow. I havent heard alot of noro as of late. Alot of people we know caught influenza or fevers. Winter is dragging this year, got a ways to go yet.
    Same here, dude. This weather is bipolar as shit. It was so mild and pleasant just the other evening and now we have a blizzard warning.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by joeylynn View Post
    Weather is same here near Cleveland Ohio and my boss has IT last weekend....UGH!!!

Hoping it goes away soon!
    You live near Cleveland, too? Yeah, this shit is a joke.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Ever since joining IES I've noticed there are a LOT of emets in Ohio, I don't know why that should be, but it is so! Also, there seem to be a lot of us in Rhode Island and the Chicago/Milwaukee area. Relatively few here in Florida and not very many at all up here in the northern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    Ever since joining IES I've noticed there are a LOT of emets in Ohio, I don't know why that should be, but it is so! Also, there seem to be a lot of us in Rhode Island and the Chicago/Milwaukee area. Relatively few here in Florida and not very many at all up here in the northern part of the state.
    I have a feeling the weather has a lot to do with it? If I was living in Miami, I have a feeling I wouldn't be such a hot mess if I lived somewhere that was primarily warm with sunshine.
    My shadow