Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I'm leaving on Vacation and the anxiety is kicking in.

I leave on Saturday morning for Florida. I will be flying and I will be there from Saturday until Thursday. I'm a nervous wreck that I'll catch the stomach flu between now and then or that morning and not be able to go or on the plane or while I'm in Florida. I know it's pretty irrational to be this nervous but I can't help it. I mean i've made it this far into stomach flu season and haven't caught it and everyone at my work had it but 2 of us so you would think that would encourage me but i'm still scared that i'll catch it. They said it peaked already and it's not going around as crazy as it was but i'm still scared because i know some people that have had it in the last couple weeks. I wish i wasn't nervous but i'm so afraid i'll go to sleep friday night and wake up puking on saturday morning and will have to cancel. I'd be out a lot of money if i did that Ugh...someone calm my nerves.

Default Re: I'm leaving on Vacation and the anxiety is kicking in.

I think you'll be fine! Good hygiene is your best defense. Enjoy Florida! As a fellow Cleveland dweller, I am envious you get to escape this..lawl
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I feel the same. But I don't have that far to go. It's a 3 hr drive and I'm so nervous also. I was excited but now that its getting closer to Saturday I'm getting scared. I'm going with my husband and kids so I fear for all of us not just me. I'm a mess. I hope your anxiety calms down and you can enjoy your trip.

I too am going on vacation. Florida, tomorrow night we fly out. I'm very scared I'm sick right now. In had no anxiety all day, I ate a HUGE dinner and just cleaned up around my house and did laundry. I get into bed with my fiancé and in one minute I am nauseous, sweating and have a stomachache. I usually don't get a stomachache, i just get nauseous. Took Ativan (for anxiety) and Zofran (for nausea). That was almost an hour ago. A little better. Please know you are never alone in this fear. I want to conquer it and feel very hopeless. Please try to enjoy your trip. Where in Florida?

Agreed. I am the same way. Heading to Florida in a couple of weeks and I am nervous that I will catch something before I go, or the morning of...

You are not alone.

Is there anyway we can check and see if Florida is hit hard by noro? I don't want to go if it is...

You can try sickweather dot com and put in the zip code of where you are going and select which illness you are looking to see is in the area.

Wow a lot of people are travelling to Florida. I'm going to Daytona Beach Florida this week. We leave Saturday morning. I'm a nervous wreck the closer it gets to Saturday but i'm trying to keep it under control because if i get nervous i'll get the poops haha. That would not be good on an airplane. That would suck. I'm going with my friend and her family so it makes me more nervous than if i was going with my own family. I'd hate to get sick being away with someone other than my own family. It would embarass me and i'd worry that they would get sick and i'd feel super guilty for getting them all sick. Ugh... my crazy mind. I'm trying to pep talk myself and tell myself it's been 8 years since i've had a stomach virus so what makes this year any different but i still worry.