Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach pain and nausea - please help

So I have had a throat virus for a week - bad throat, achey, temperature, etc. The throat pain almost completely subsided by Sunday/yesterday. Now tonight it's coming back, a horrible 'funny' ache in my throat, just how is started with the illness in the first place. Worst if all I have a little stabbing pain in my tummy and I feel a little n*. Can throat viruses cause this? I've not felt right for the past week but I'm fretting about Noro. I've got no d* and appetite is fairly normal. Glands are still a little swollen and I feel generally washed out and a little faint. What is going on? Please help - really scared :/ I did take quite a bit of painkillers (Ibropufen and paracetemol) in the past week - can this make your tummy play up? (have had a little constipation, sorry for TMI) ... thank you xxx

Default Re: Stomach pain and nausea - please help

Hi

Do you have post nasal drip or mucus running down your throat? If so that can cause your stomach to be upset. Another thing is it might be a throat infection that needs antibiotics. If you haven't been to the doctor I would go. If you have I would call and tell them what's going on. My stomach always gets upset when I have throat illness but I never v* from it. Try a fizzy drink to help calm it down it works for me.

Default Re: Stomach pain and nausea - please help

Hey, thanks so much for replying... Yeah I do have phlegm suspended in my throat which I am swallowing and is making me gag a little. I went to the doctors last Friday (I had had it only four days then) and he said it was most likely viral, because my temperature and symptoms improved with paracetamol etc so he wouldn't put me on antibiotics. But it's been a week now of feeling unwell and I'm not convinced it's just viral. How can you really tell the difference between viral and bacterial? My stomach feels office would say. Maybe that is common with this type of illness? Argh I just don't want I v*