Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help urgently needed!! chicken related :( freaking out

Hi Everyone
    I need help really fast!

Last night i cooked some pieces of chicken and was really nervous about it but they turned out fine, and i had some leftover so i brought it to work.

But I didnt heat it up so that it was really really piping hot!! the outside was quite hot and the inside was still warm but not really hot. im freaking out now that im going to get sick. They were fairly small pieces and i only had one piece and one bite of the other then i was like oh no what have i done.

I am already feeling sick and panicking and getting cramps because im worrying so much.

Can anyone help or has done this and it hasn't effected them? HELP!!!!!! THIS IS WHY I EAT VEGETARIAN WHEREVER POSSIBLE! :'(

Default Re: help urgently needed!! chicken related :( freaking out

the chicken was already cooked.........so heating it up is just an option.....doesn't have to be hot all the way through.....you could eat it cold straight out of the fridge and be just fine
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    the chicken was already cooked.........so heating it up is just an option.....doesn't have to be hot all the way through.....you could eat it cold straight out of the fridge and be just fine
    ^^^ Exactly. I used to do that all the time before I was a vegetarian.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

I LOOOVE cold leftover chicken and eat it cold right out of the fridge up to 3 days after cooking. Never had a problem.

Yup, if the chicken was already cooked, heating it up doesn't matter. I make sandwiches with cold leftover chicken all the time.

Contrary to popular belief, if a food is infected with some bacteria that will give you FP, heating it up in the microwave will not do much. Many toxins that cause food poisoning (the toxins are produced by the bacteria) are heat stable -- meaning heating the food up after the fact wont do much. S. Aureus is like this.

So if you ate it once and were fine, put it in the fridge within 2 hours of cooking, you are still fine Even if it wasn't heated in the microwave all the way. Its purely for taste at that point. I personally prefer cold chicken to hot

I eat cold leftover chicken all of the time. You are safe!

Thanks all! Wasn't necessarily me being worried about cold chicken, I know you can eat that, but when you heat foods they're supposed to get to a certain temperature of heat and if it is in between and nt heated enough apparently bacteria multiplies and that so that's why I was worried!! Anyway I didn't get sick which I'm sure is the same that happens to all us emets 90% of the time hahah. The things we have to do!

But thanks all for your help x