Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default luncheon after funeral

I went to my best friends sisters funeral today and afterwards they had a luncheon. I told myself that I would wait to eat at home because I am terrified of eating out. Well I was with my dad and he knows about my fear. He had been poking at it all morning already because he kept shaking peoples hands while holding my baby... and I wanted him to either wash his hands or use sanitizer. He kept pushing me to eat the food there. So I did. I had a bbq sloppy joe sandwhich and a cookie and one bite of some macaroni salad. I started freaking out so I stopped eating. Now I am home and a nervous wreck since I ate there. I dont eat away from home. I dont feel sick or anything but I am still freaking out cause I dont want to be. I am afraid that either I will get noro from someone who touched food and didnt wash their hands or food poisoning because someone did make the food correct or what not. Any advice?

Default Re: luncheon after funeral

I have eaten at many funeral dinners and never gotten sick from any of them. They are usually made by the little old ladies of the church who actually know how to cook. As long as the food was an appropriate temperature when you ate it, I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't think many sick people go to funerals. It's not like it's something fun.

You should have nothing to worry about. There is that very freak chance that you would have gotten sick anywhere but the chances of slim to none when that happens so please don't stress yourself out over it...hope you aren't freaking out anymore and my condolences to ur friend.

No I am still feeling fine. Thanks for the support. I am not freaking out anymore. And yes the little old ladies at the church are who were in the kitchen hahaha