Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Urgently need support - scared its Noro

Actually struggling to type I'm shaking so bad. Had a throat infection for a week, it's cleared up in last day or two. Been taking Ibropufen and paracetemol for a week. Still got mucus in my throat though. Since Monday had some stomach cramping and constipation. It's really bad tonight. I don't feel n* as such - only in an anxiety way. Stomach is a little bloated and getting a few pains and also a little acid. I'm so so so worried it's a bug. Someone please tell me it isn't as I'm going crazy. I just want to cry. I have felt sickly ever since taking all those painkillers but I stopped two days ago - what is wrong with my stomach?! It's worse when I feel hungry (which I do now actually, I feel quite pecking), and worse first thing in the morning. Things get better when I pass a stool. But yeah things have got worse tonight. I don't feel ill, no temperature etc - just my tummy feels off. The throat thing has also given me a cough with all the mucus so my body feels sore and tired though... Oh please help I'm just a waffling mess xx

Default Re: Urgently need support - scared its Noro

With noro you would KNOW you were sick. There would be no question. It comes on suddenly and hits hard. The painkillers along with your anxiety is probably what is causing your stomach issues. You would feel very ill if you had noro.

It could also be your constipation, if that has not resolved.

I remember in your last post you were saying the throat infection came back a little bit. Well guess what - I now have one as well!! My throat is killing me I can barely swallow and my tummy is all off because I keep coughing and this weird mucus runs down my throat. UGH UGH UGH, I had a virus last week so I am hoping it is just that but I feel like a walking parasite at the moment. First a mosquito-borne virus, now a throat infection. I seriously think its from the late nights I have been having so soon after feeling better-ish. Its important you get some rest. I am resting today and not doing anything, I feel useless and pathetic but its for the best I think.

Also, this gaggy feeling I have is making my tummy flip - it could well be you are feeling like crap because of the mucus from the throat.
    I still can't get over the fact that I basically now have the same thing you had. Weird coincidence, I hope my computer is not giving me viruses!

I had a bad UTI and just got over my antibiotic. I have been constipated since. I had horrible gas pains today. For a little while I had myself convinced it was SV. But logically I've been constipated and I've taken numerous things for it. So I'm sure it's the intestinal bacteria issue. It doesn't sound like a SV.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you everyone - I think it is constipation and anxiety - I managed to get some sleep and feel a little better, just my lower stomach feels bloated and 'clogged'. No nausea or lack of appetite so I don't think the pains are a bug. Ah Kinetic, I hope you feel better soon! I know exactly how you feel - since the new year I have had flu, a chest infection, a nasty cold and now this throat infection. So I know what it's like to feel exhausted and 'off' from being constantly ill. And mucus running down the throat I am convinced makes my stomach ill. I read somewhere that the body can't digest nasal mucus so no wonder we've had digestive issues! Bakogirl yeah I think we underestimate what medication can do to our bodies if we're not used to taking it. Well at the end of the day I would rather have a cold or a throat infection or a cold etc rather than an SV... But anyway, think I need to give my body more chance to recuperate. The infection might have gone but my body is clearly reeling. What can I do for constipation? The thing is I don't want to take much for it as I don't want it to turn into d* and freak me out all over again xx