Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, My name is Malaika and I just recently found out about this site.
    I had long since dismissed my emets as a sign of weakness and stopped dealing with it. (I couldn't find anyone who understood) -thank goodness I was wrong.

But now I've been diagnosed with other phobias and it got me thinking...

Does anyone with emets have any other crippling, strange, phobias? ie, claustraphobia, agoraphobia, body dysmorphic disorder, social phobia, etc.

Hope this isn't a weird question,
    thank you [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] [COLOR=GREEN]blue</font>

Hi malaika! =] Welcome. Hmm. I've got Social Anxiety along with this and that isnt a weird question.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Hi Junior Member: [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Thanks for letting me know. I'm just so tired of all the phobias in my life. If I were the kind of person who could just lay down and take it, known of this (emets, etc...)would matter. I would go off to a cabin, never shave my legs, forget about my dreams...

But I want more. I want better.

How do you deal with your social phobia?

Thanks,
    Malaika

yup... social phobia... toilet phobia... my two main other phobias.

not a wierd question at all! i find it interesting how the phobias all kinda link to each other.

Jen xxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Malaika,

Welcome! I hope you find alot of support here. Your question is actually a very good one. I think that alot of our phobias are tied together in some way. I believe that I have a type of social phobia. I find myself keeping a good distance away from others (emotionally) and I think it stems from not wanting to be close to anyone, so I wont have to deal with their sickness. I realize what I do, and yet I continue it. What a sad and lonely way to be. Anyone else out there like this?

--Kim

I have a struggle with agoraphobia at times, and have done since I was about 12 years old and experienced my first panic attack. Sometimes I think I suffer from social phobia, but I think this is more down to having a v* phobia and not wanting to be in certain situations with increased risks of ill people being around. I always like to know I can make a quick exit if need be wherever I am.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I know I've got social anxiety because I find myself getting very anxious to even ask a simple question to someone and avoiding places. Like even though I know this librarian for years, and I'm a volunteer, she was sitting in the staff room and I dont know why but I couldnt go in. Endedup eating lunch out side the library with my friend.(She just doesnt like people much lol. Good pair we are lol.)Deal..uh..cant do much..I cant do presentations the most. I'm comfortable talking with my friends but if someone I dont know is around...I go "..." I'm not sure how I deal with it..I try to endure them but I always fail..
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

social phobia + emetophobia + stess + depression + insomnia for the win [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Oh, yes, norrock - stress, depression and insomnia feature heavily in my life too, as well as the phobias!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

ah well, on the bright side, we cant get much worse in the area tcsarah [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

with logic, it can only get better from here [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]or at least i hope, for both our sake [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]