Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burping

Default Burping

I don't burp because I associate it with v*. I havent burped for about 15 years as I have been suffering from this since I was nine and I am twenty three now. I hate it and alot of the time I feel i have to and it coming but i hold it in. It takes alot of effort sometimes to hold it in but i have some how controlled it and even if i tried to burp I dont think I could. Does anyone else not burp?

Default Re: Burping

I never was one to burp and i still don't burp as far as burping loud goes. I get more like throat gurgles i like to call them. You hear a sound but it's coming from my throat. i really can't burp or burp on command like a lot of people can. I'd feel better if i could burp sometimes.

I love to burp! Sometimes sip coke when I'm n* to make myself-- it really relieves the n*/gas pains sometimes.

I actually can't and don't burp. even if i try I can't but I'm glad cuz it just sounds gross

I thought I was the only one! So its nice to know someone else doesnt! I wish I could but ive trained myself not to and cant get back out of it.

I burp on command, whenever i feel bloated, or unwell. It helps for alot of relief. Its probably best to let burps come out if they are wanting too. Its natural, and same with farts. Its coming out because it doesn't want to remain in your body!

Just wondering if you guys who don't burp have asked a doctor about why you can't? I like to burp when I'm n* it makes it better.

how does a person not burp? lol... i agree it makes u feel better most of the time, when ur N*, bloated and gassy.. ive never tried to hold one in, on purpose. and for years? goodness hun! i dont think i could do it, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's weird, I can't burp either! It's not that I'm afraid to or that I think it's gross, I just can't. I wish I could. My daughter can rip off awesome ones, sounds like a truck driver! No offense to any truck drivers out there
    I do make this weird noise which I think is the equivalent of a burp, but it's more like a loud hiccup. My husband says I sound like a raptor when I do it-hahaha
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

No problems here. Actually noticed as a kid that 99.9% of the time, if I was feeling unwell and I burped, I wouldn't v* and I felt better. When my panic attacks wind down I burp a lot, which makes me feel better and I know the attack will be over soon.
    I've never really been a LOUD burper, they're more the lil hiccup kind of burps that are easy to do quiet. But I think that's just me, my grandmom never burped much either.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

i've never burped either.........i hiccup or gurgle...lol. plenty of times i wish i could burp cause i feel so bloated my sisters don't burp either and they are not emets.....maybe its hereditary
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to do this as a kid. I would hold it down by rolling my head back and forth...my parents called it the "burp thing" and tried to mock it out of me.

I can burp now though

I used to burp as a kid but somewhere along the way I stopped and now I can't burp. Sometimes when I yawn though a little gas escapes but it's not the same reflex as a burp. I think I just got it into my head sometime that if you tried to force a burp you would end up v* and that was more than enough to put me off for life.

Wow I don't know how anyone can not burp! I burp a lot and it makes me feel so much better!

That's so weird. I thought I was the only one and I thought it was just something minor. I can't burp, no matter how hard I try. It just makes me do a weird sound like "HUUEHH". And I think I remember being able to burp before I got ill as a child (the illness which would add to my emetophobia, I've had it all my life). I didn't know it would be related to my emetophobia, but now that I think about it, it could be.

My parents made me burp quietly because it's annoying to other people to hear it!

I always think of 'burping' as letting out air I might have swallowed. No more no less. It is a 'burp' wether there is any noise or not. Some other people only consider it a 'burp' if it makes a lot of noise.

I just put some air pressure against it by blowing out (as if blowing out a candle) while burping and this will make it slower and silent. Also there won't be that feeling of 'more than air' may come up.

But yeah, I have a hard time making a loud raucous burp. Some of my friends do it and it's funny to hear, but not easy for me to do. Letting it out quietly is the easiest way.

Here's an interesting bit of trivia for the scientific mind! If you drink a carbonated drink (soda pop, beer, sparkling water etc.) you will feel the urge to burp. Carbonated drinks contain CO2 gas. This gas is dissolved in the water and can not be seen until the pressure is released by opening the bottle. Then the gas begins to escape as fizz bubbles. By volume, there's as much gas (expanded volume after opening) as water in most soda drinks. This gas is what gives it the fizzy taste and feel. If you do not burp, but instead hold in the CO2 gas, something interesting happens to it. It will seem to disappear. Our bodies make and process CO2 gas constantly, and are well adapted to handle some extra. If you hold in a soda burp, the CO2 will absorb into your blood and be released through your lungs as you breathe. This will make you feel a little bit 'out of breath' especally if you exert your self right after a fizzy drink. There is nothing harmful about this! I just find it interesting in a scientific sense.

Sincerely,
    David

wow, I burp all day everyday. It's the only way to relieve a lot of my acid relux.

I can't burp either. I just make a sort of gurgling sound or hiccup. It has always been like that. Really thought I was the only one... Don't feel so much like a freak now! I sometimes wish that I could as I am sure it would alleviate a lot of the bloating, but such is life. I just avoid drinking carbonated drinks or anything else that is known to make you burp.

I get really bad hiccups in my sleep and have done since I was a baby, have often wondered if this could be caused by my inability to burp?!

I fail to see how anyone can go through life without burping, they must be really bloated & uncomfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by i'm haley View Post
    i actually can't and don't burp. Even if i try i can't but i'm glad cuz it just sounds gross
    burp does not sound gross... It is a gift from god... How could you violate god's creation... Idiot!!!!! We should appreciate it from god ... Ofcourse burping can be quiet too...i think you are gross to think that burping is gross!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    how does a person not burp? lol... i agree it makes u feel better most of the time, when ur N*, bloated and gassy.. ive never tried to hold one in, on purpose. and for years? goodness hun! i dont think i could do it, lol.

GREAT!!!!! nobody would hold that ya??

tht's called nose burping.... duh~~~ whether it;s letting out quietly or loudly.. it is just so natural.... it depends on places.. ofcourse at home you will let loose with family members....

Quote Originally Posted by meganx2 View Post
    i don't burp because i associate it with v*. I havent burped for about 15 years as i have been suffering from this since i was nine and i am twenty three now. I hate it and alot of the time i feel i have to and it coming but i hold it in. It takes alot of effort sometimes to hold it in but i have some how controlled it and even if i tried to burp i dont think i could. Does anyone else not burp?

dont be stupid!!!!! Who will associate burp with vomiting!!!!!!! Burp and vomiting is different technique....... Just burp out!!!!!!!

Please please....... There is no such thing as fear of vomiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please wake up your idea..... Dun be deceive by the devil!!!!!

This place is rubbish!!!! Will never ever come back...

WHY DO I LANDED UP in this page.. becos i help a friend to search about her constant vomiting... Damn!!!!! FULL OF RUBBISH HERE!!!!!

cleversmartyburp, the existence of God is debatable, and I haven't seen any good proof, so I cannot believe he exists. Burping is not a gift from God, it is the product of a bodily mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by cleversmartyburp View Post
    WHY DO I LANDED UP in this page.. becos i help a friend to search about her constant vomiting... Damn!!!!! FULL OF RUBBISH HERE!!!!!
    You are quite a horrible person, there was no need to spam that post with your rubbish and quite frankly rude and obnoxious posts. You will have hurt a lot of people's feelings with some of the things that you have said and I think that it was really uncalled for. People come here as it is like a sanctuary, where they can be themselves and express any thoughts or worries that they may have with other people that know exactly what they are going through. Surely you would have worked out what this site was all about when you saw the title of it, even if you did not know what "Emeto" means, you must have known what "phobia" meant, so I think what you just said about "Why do I end up on this page" is actually a pretty poor excuse.

As for "Please please....... There is no such thing as fear of vomiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please wake up your idea..... Dun be deceive by the devil!!!!!" I can assure you that there most certainly is, it is actually a very common phobia, but clearly someone of your mindset can not grasp something like that. You can have a fear of anything, just because vomiting is a common and natural part of life does not mean that people cannot have a full blown phobia of it. Spiders are a common and natural part of life too, but people have an irrational phobia of them and yet no one would say to them "There is no such thing as a fear of spiders!!! Please wake up your idea... dun be deceive by the devil". So something that may seem ridiculous to you is very very real for the people on this site and the last thing they need is someone like you saying mean things. So when you say you will not be coming back to this site, do us all a favour and please just don't.

That is all I have to say. And for everyone on here that thinks trolls should be ignored, and should not have said anything, yes they really should, but some of the things this particular one was posting I think were just plain mean and hurtful.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by sum1 View Post
    cleversmartyburp, the existence of god is debatable, and i haven't seen any good proof, so i cannot believe he exists. Burping is not a gift from god, it is the product of a bodily mechanism.

god created us whole.... It is not a gift but he created us with this ability...... We should thank god for his creation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Pink24 View Post
    You are quite a horrible person, there was no need to spam that post with your rubbish and quite frankly rude and obnoxious posts. You will have hurt a lot of people's feelings with some of the things that you have said and I think that it was really uncalled for. People come here as it is like a sanctuary, where they can be themselves and express any thoughts or worries that they may have with other people that know exactly what they are going through. Surely you would have worked out what this site was all about when you saw the title of it, even if you did not know what "Emeto" means, you must have known what "phobia" meant, so I think what you just said about "Why do I end up on this page" is actually a pretty poor excuse.

As for "Please please....... There is no such thing as fear of vomiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please wake up your idea..... Dun be deceive by the devil!!!!!" I can assure you that there most certainly is, it is actually a very common phobia, but clearly someone of your mindset can not grasp something like that. You can have a fear of anything, just because vomiting is a common and natural part of life does not mean that people cannot have a full blown phobia of it. Spiders are a common and natural part of life too, but people have an irrational phobia of them and yet no one would say to them "There is no such thing as a fear of spiders!!! Please wake up your idea... dun be deceive by the devil". So something that may seem ridiculous to you is very very real for the people on this site and the last thing they need is someone like you saying mean things. So when you say you will not be coming back to this site, do us all a favour and please just don't.

That is all I have to say. And for everyone on here that thinks trolls should be ignored, and should not have said anything, yes they really should, but some of the things this particular one was posting I think were just plain mean and hurtful.

YES,, Definitely after this post I will NOT RETURN. YOU MAY HAVE PERCEIVE IT HURTFUL BUT MY INTENTION WAS THAT ALL OF YOU CAN DEFINITELY GET OFF THIS SITUATION.... THAT WHY I SAID GET THE DEVIL OFF AND LET GOD BE IN YOUR LIFE!!