Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: coconut oil

Default coconut oil

I`m a member of a group on facebook called "stop the stomach flu", & some members have been raving about the anti viral properties of coconut oil. They say that it can kill the norovirus in the digestive system. Has anyone on this site tried it? I`m thinking of getting some, not just because of noro, but it`s supposed to have other health benefits as well.

Default Re: coconut oil

I use it all the time, tho I have experiences with it for antiviral purposes. It's a great healthy addition to your diet tho!

And here I just bought it for the flavor and to make fudge. Thanks for the tip!

I was in my local Tesco`s yesterday, & came across some coconut oil, unfortunately it`s £6.99 a jar! no thanks!

I was using it on my face as a moisturizer. I also used to put it on the ends of my hair. I never used it in food or ate it plain though. Maybe I should pick up some more.

Mama, does it help on your hair? Also, does it smell as delicious as it sounds like it should? I'm not so fussed about the antiviral properties, I'm happy to let my immune system do it's job there, but I LOVE the way coconut smells
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The organic stuff is what you need! It can be pricy but you can do so much with it. Healthy benefits are just the start. You can use it as a hair mask, u can use it on your body as a moisturizer or mix it with vitamin e and use it on your face! You can use it as shaving lotion on ur legs! I'm pretty sure I can think of many , oh yes, coffee creamer, diaper rash lotion (all natural), mix with sugar for a body scrub, eye makeup remover, skin spot lightener, substitute for other cooking oils as a healthier one, lipchap, interestingly natural live treatment when mixed with apple cider vinegar, fights off athletes foot natutally..... Ummm that's all I can remember but I read an article if your interested I can find it and post it

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy View Post
    The organic stuff is what you need! It can be pricy but you can do so much with it. Healthy benefits are just the start. You can use it as a hair mask, u can use it on your body as a moisturizer or mix it with vitamin e and use it on your face! You can use it as shaving lotion on ur legs! I'm pretty sure I can think of many , oh yes, coffee creamer, diaper rash lotion (all natural), mix with sugar for a body scrub, eye makeup remover, skin spot lightener, substitute for other cooking oils as a healthier one, lipchap, interestingly natural live treatment when mixed with apple cider vinegar, fights off athletes foot natutally..... Ummm that's all I can remember but I read an article if your interested I can find it and post it

Unaware of this thread, I just bought the organic jar of coconut oil for a recipe (Sweet Potato Medallions--yum!) it was pricey ($11.99) but you get quite a lot. Now I'm glad I saw all this because I can utilize the rest and get my money's worth

JadeNight - here's a bunch more !

http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

Whoa! I need to get me some of this stuff!
    Come visit my history blog:

Iv`e found several places that sell coconut oil cheap, ASDA supermarket, & my local corner shop.

It was really expensive (well, expensive enough) at all the places I saw it, but I'm going to get some next time I'm out