Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pandemics/Epidemics?

I'm sitting crying here about them, I'm so confused
    I'm just scared theres gonna be a one involving v*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Pandemics/Epidemics?

Dont worry, its just usual press talk to scare everyone again. A pandemic is usually announced if more than 1% of the overall population get a certain disease. Putting that into context, if 1 person out of every 100 get a certain disease, its considered a pandemic. The way I usually see it, is if someone told me to line up with 100 people and someone said they are going to pick someone at random and they will get ill, would you take those odds of not getting ill. I certainly would.

Thank you for replying, my mind is now at rest! <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is classic media hype. Sensational stories will sell. People PAY MONEY for ads when the news stories gain more readers. If they SENSATIONALIZE something, they make MONEY so they pump up, spin up, and hype up every news story you see.

You got to understand how our media works. I really dislike the media because of their biased and usually uninformed OPINIONS they state as fact.

Remember when you see these stories - someone makes MORE MONEY when MORE PEOPLE read the story. They are selling a product and they don't care if it upsets anyone.

Sincerely,
    David

Thanks for the reply!