Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Food

Default Food

Does anyone else avoid food at all cost? Ever since I V* 2 months ago I limit what I eat each day and usually only eat one decent meal per day. And when I do eat the decent sized meal I get very full very fast and cant help but feel nauseous afterwards because my thoughts focus on how I felt the moment after I ate breakfast that one morning..... I think my body is getting used to not eating as much... I actually feel really good when there is no food in my stomach. I know this is not healthy but its the only way I dont worry about V*. I just ate some mac n cheese with meatballs and I currently feel STUFFED. - Is this fear all in my head? I felt fine all day... I was starving before dinner..and right after I ate... instant fullness! And now nerves

Default Re: Food

For the last few weeks I've been eating nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The "Uncrustable" kind that you buy premade and freeze and thaw them.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

You should try to eat more smaller meals more frequently per day. Make sure you consume food with some real nutritional value. What you are doing is not healthy. I understand the irrational fear makes it difficult to want to eat but you just have to push yourself. I would be a hypocrite if I said I was not guilty of the same thing. I have been eating one meal per day for the past year or so. It is not really emet related though but it is still my own fault. I need to make time to prepare my own meals and go grocery shopping. I consume way too much junk on a weekly basis. I need to start a healthier lifestyle as well. A healthier lifestyle=stronger immune system, longer life.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I did this for a while and I thought it worked at first, but about a week into doing it I felt completely exhausted all the time, just because I wasn't getting enough to eat. If you feel comfortable doing it, try increasing the amount of food you eat each day over a period of time, and see if your nerves are better at all after that. You might just be on edge from not eating as much as your body is probably used to :P

I do the same thing, although I've been getting better lately. This is very unhealthy. Avoiding food will not make you less likely to v, it just weakens your immune system. Which can make it easier for you to get viruses. Try slowly adding more food to your diet. When you eat, try to make it healthy. Slowly but surely, you'll get used to eating more.

I agree with Dead-- try to eat smaller things throughout the day. I feel yucky if I eat big meals, so I eat several smaller ones. Also, eating just once a day throws your blood sugar off, so you may feel weak or shaky or even nauseous. At least, it does for me... I get low blood sugar if I don't eat regularly, so I do anything to prevent that I don't eat after, like, 5 or so, and that tends to help with the nighttime n*/anxiety. I live off of the same foods over and over, but that's ok. Fruit smoothies are good, protein shakes, etc, if you don't feel like solid stuff all day. I have an app on my phone, myfitnesspal, and I use it to record what I eat to make sure I am getting proper nutrition, etc. It records vitamins, minerals, micro/macronutrients. Think of it this way-- we are afraid of v*, right? One of our best defenses is a healthy immune system. Can't have that without healthy food!

This lead me to be diagnosed with EDNOS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.