Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicking hardcore right now

I'll try to keep this short. I was on the phone with my boyfriend. he said he felt sick. I told him to talk to me on facebook. I get on there. And he told me he v'd. He said it was probably from drinking a bunch of Mountain Dew soda, but I'm not sure. Even though I obviously can't get it over the phone, I just keep thinking, what if its noro, and he wont do a good enough job of cleaning before I come over next? What if I didn't hang up, what if he did it when I was on the phone with him? I'd hear it! The main thing that is getting to me, is I truly love him more than anything. And I hate v more than anything. It kills me knowing he did the very thing I hate; its horrifying. I keep thinking, if I can't even handle v over the phone, how am I going to cope when he does it in person..or when I do it? It's too much to deal with.

Default Re: Panicking hardcore right now

Oh I feel for you! How are you doing? It's not easy, but you're going to be okay. you're less likely than him to get it simply because you're emet! The care we take and the sheer will not to v seems to keep us out of v's way. Before you go to his house, purchase some non scented baby wipes (take a packet near back of shelf) and make a solution of 2 parts bleach and 8 parts water. Squeeze the packet of baby wipes so all the moisture is drained out and pour the bleach solution into the packet. Done. When you go to his house try to give stuff a quick once over quietly. Hope you.re feeling a little calmer now. Here if you need to talk. X

Thank you for the cleaning tip He only did it once, so I am hoping it was just one of those random freak things. When he was done, he told me he ate some Taco Bell and drank even more Mountain Dew! Ugh, I wish I was like him, how I can just randomly v, and then not even care; just go back to doing things how I was before.

Sounds like he got a little too much caffeine. If he was eating greasy Taco Bell and drinking Mountain Dew after, he either has the strongest bounce back I have ever seen, or he didn't have noro. You've come such a long way. don't let this hold you back.

The drinking too much caffeine thing actually sounds pretty likely. A few months ago I was taking shots of mountain dew(me and my friends were playing a drinking game, but instead of using alcohol, we used mountain dew) and I was nauseous all night!I didn't know you could actually get sick though from it. Hmm, quite strange, but I will definitely never be drinking mountain dew again!

Not just get sick, people have actually died from too much caffeine. It's been in the news with companies like Red Bull and Monster getting sued. There are plenty of delicious sodas out there that aren't super caffeinated. Hopefully, your boyfriend is all better now.

Yes he feels better, he went to school and felt better after it happened. I'll make sure to warn him about the whole caffeine thing.