Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I'm back and it went pretty good. I really didn't have any problems while we were gone - but they kind of started right before we left to come home. We were in Disneyland and with the park as crowded as it was, I was bound to see v*. Well, I saw a couple of "puddles" on the ground, but didn't really freak out much. And my sister's boyfriend felt sick the whole time (he is a hypochondriac, calustrophobic, and never eats) but I was able to not panic whenever he said he wasn't feeling good. There were 8 of us sharing one room (and one bathroom) but I really didn't think about my emet much. Since I have been home though, I have started worrying about if I picked anything up from the rides and stuff. I have kind of started a count down now and will probably be worrying for the next few days. But overall, it was great!

glad you had a good time girl. you wont get sick, you know how many people ride those rides and dont get sick? a LOT
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I am jealous. I am 20 years old and have never been to Disneyland [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

It's hard enough being an emetaphobic, must be even harder when your boyfriend is hypocondriac...yikes..good for both of you for going to Disney and having a great time !

It was actually my sister's boyfriend that is a hypochondriac, not mine. If my husband was I think we would both go crazy!

I love Disney - I am a complete Disney freak! I worked in Disney World one summer as an intern. I have been to Disney World 4 times and this was my 11th trip to Disneyland. I already want to go back! I think about moving there and getting a job all of the time, but I really don't want to be that far away from my family. I think that is the only thing that is holding me back, otherwise I would be there in a second.

I don't think I could ever let my emet get in the way of me going to Disneyland. I really don't think about it much when I am there. It is like my escape - I go on the rollercoasters, eat the food, see the v* on the ground - everything. I just love it there!

This trip was a lot of fun, though. It was Disneyland's 50th anniversary and I have been planning to be there on July 17th, 2005 (the actual anniversary date) for about 10 years. It wasa lot of fun and I got some cool collectors stuff. There was one pin that they sold only on that day and it was sold out before I even got into the park. It cost about $8 and is already selling for over $200 on ebay. I really wish I had one - but I wouldn't have sold it!

Congratulations on not freaking at all! I'm glad you had a good time! i dont' think you caught anything while there but I know as an emet you will think about it until the time is past. But dont' let worry ruin your Disney afterglow.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Besides the rides and all the people, congratulations for surviving staying with 8 people in one room with one bathroom! That alone would have freaked me out way more than the trip. Glad you had a good time!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

The worst part about sharing one bathroom with 8 people was that the last night the toilet got clogged. 4 of the 8 were already asleep, so I couldn't call maintenance to fix it. On top of that, they had the lobby of our building closed off for some remodeling, so to use the bathroom you had to walk all the way to another building. I was a little nervous about what if I HAD to go (IBS or something) but I made it through okay. I was definitely an experence!

I'm glad you had a fun time at Disneyland. Disneyland rocks! I went there last night, and I did not even ride anything. I wanted to, but I decided to get ice cream and eat it instead because we only had an hour and a half or something to be there. But I go there A LOT. The first year I got my annual passport, I went there, like, 60 times! I know I am crazy, but it was just exciting. Now, I go there less often.

Hmm... that must have been crazy to share a bathroom and roomwith 8 people. I mean, what if you all had to go at the same time? I guess you could run down to a public restroom, but that's is kind of inconvienient when you are in your pajamas.

I am mad at my mommy for not taking me there on the 17th. I mean, I collect pins, and I WANTED THAT FREAKING PIN! But, a cast member there told me yesterday, as she saw I had a lanyard full of pins, that there were people waiting outside at 1 AM for the park to open way later just to get in to get the pin and if you got there after 4 AM to wait in line, it would be sold out! I do not know about that, but that is crazy!

I NEVER see v**** at Disneyland. Well, maybe, they all manage to make it to a restroom, but they would be extremely quick at cleaning it up. I never worry about v**** (I'm starting to censor because I do not mind the word, but if some people really get freaked out by it, I'll do it) when I go to Disneyland. I guess, people do occasionally, but either they tend not to do it on the days I just happen to go there, or I do not see it.

Congratulations for going on the rollercoasters and rides. I am afraid of some rollercoasters, like Space Mountain, because it makes me dizzy. But, I will go on it to see what they did to it since it reopened. Did you go on Space Mountain?

Um. About picking an illness up, it is possible with all the people there, but, I'd doubt anyone would go to Disneyland if they had something other than a cold or something like that. But a stomach virus... why would anyone go walking around Disneyland with a SV going on rides and stuff? I'd seriously doubt you'd catch something stomach related from there. Maybe a cold, but colds are everywhere. My mother did go to Disneyland with me one day and the next day, she felt horrible, like she had influenza, but that was during the winter, and I do not even know whether she picked it up there or not. You should be fine!

It is good that you had a great time.

Elizabeth

I had been planning to go on the 50th for about 10 years. I didn't get any of the "I was there" pins because, like you said, you had to line up at 1 AM to get them. There were only 5000 handed out, only one per person. The first 5000 people were given bracelets to prove they should get one. I've seen the pin selling on ebay for about $200 already! I got everything else though that they sold that day! I got in the park somewhere between 8:30 and 9 and they were completely gone by then. They did open up California Adventure for the people that waited though so they had something to do all night long. They didn't quite have the record number of people they expected. I heard they had about 73,000. It was really crowded in the morning for the dedication speeches and then at night for the fireworks, but during the day it wasn't that bad.

I did go on Space Mountain and it was awesome! The ride itself didn't change much (the track is still the same, but a little smoother) but they made the main room a lot darker, and did some really cool special effects at the beginning and end of the ride. It was really fun! I used to think it upset my stomach, but this time I wasn't anxious at all when I got on it and I didn't feel the slightest butterfly in my stomach. I think a lot of my "motion sickness" fears are all anxiety induced.

I would love to live so close I could go there all the time! My husband and I are talking about moving to Orlando so I could go back to work for Disney World, but it probably won't be for a while. We also want to have a baby soon and I think a baby plus a move at the same time would be a little much.