Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Grape juice prevents gastro...

Hello, I am new here and have been trying to find others like me since I realized that I wasn't the freak I thought I was, (didn't know there was even a name for it! Anyway, I've been reading up and it seems 8oz of 100% grape juice daily, prevents gastro (incl. Noro). Does anyone have any info or have any of you tried it? Also I heard manuka honey and cinnamon was brilliant for immunity.any

Default Re: Grape juice prevents gastro...

Not sure about the honey. I read somewhere before about cinnamon. Viruses can not survive cinnamon. So if you can drink cinnamon bark and burn cinnamon it is supposed to kill viruses. So now onto the grape juice. I have heard it works. From what i understand you have to use it as a preventative. You cant just start drinking it after you have been exposed, you will probably just V up the grape juice. I drink grape juice everyday. I think you need like 3 glasses a day if you have been possibly exposed and at least one a day for prevention. Grape juice is good for you all the way around. I have heard that even some cancers dont like grape juice. I take grape seed extract everyday. Knock on wood i havent had my first cold this season. Look up other benefits of grape juice or grape see extract. It is so good its expensive. I pay like thirty dollars a bottle at gnc but you can get it at your local health food store and probably for a bit cheaper. I just dont have a choice cause i live in Japan and GNC is all i have. I highly recommend grape juice and grape seed extract. It cant hurt ya! the worst that can happen is it doesnt work right? Go for it! Drink up some welchs!

I have heard about grape juice also. Don't know if it works for sure, but we do drink 8 oz every day (well, my 4yo and I do anyway) and we have not had a sv in our house in about 2.5 years, despite being exposed two times that I know of. We also practice careful hygeine too, so I am not sure how much is that and how much is the juice. I get ours at Sams Club, 2 64 oz bottles for about 6.50.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmom View Post
    Not sure about the honey. I read somewhere before about cinnamon. Viruses can not survive cinnamon. So if you can drink cinnamon bark and burn cinnamon it is supposed to kill viruses. So now onto the grape juice. I have heard it works. From what i understand you have to use it as a preventative. You cant just start drinking it after you have been exposed, you will probably just V up the grape juice. I drink grape juice everyday. I think you need like 3 glasses a day if you have been possibly exposed and at least one a day for prevention. Grape juice is good for you all the way around. I have heard that even some cancers dont like grape juice. I take grape seed extract everyday. Knock on wood i havent had my first cold this season. Look up other benefits of grape juice or grape see extract. It is so good its expensive. I pay like thirty dollars a bottle at gnc but you can get it at your local health food store and probably for a bit cheaper. I just dont have a choice cause i live in Japan and GNC is all i have. I highly recommend grape juice and grape seed extract. It cant hurt ya! the worst that can happen is it doesnt work right? Go for it! Drink up some welchs!
    Does it matter what kind of grape juice we drink, or does it have to be a certain kind, or 100%? Like, will regular old welchs grape juice from pick n save do the trick, or do we have to be a little more fancy, so to speak?

We just do Welch's 100% grape juice, the purple kind.

We have been doing the grape juice preventative too. Only my baby doesn't like it and won't drink it. The other kids and I drink 1 cup a day right now.

We drink grape juice daily in my house. I have searched and searched to see if this is just an old wives tale and I have seen mixed reviews. The amount of articles and blog posts I've seen on the subject makes me think that it possibly works. Either way, I want to cover every base so we drink it daily. I make my boys drink 10 oz before preschool and 10 oz after. It doesn't hurt, so I do it as much as possible.

If you plan on doing this, I suggest brushing your teeth a half an hour to an hour after each glass. It's FULL of sugar.

It's probably not enough to prevent anything, but I put a splash of it in my morning smoothie (which consists of grape juice, water, banana, chia seeds, frozen berries and spinach - you can't taste the spinach at all - great way to get your greens!)
    ---
    Never trust a skinny cook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the responses! The reason I ask is that I have an arsenal of 'gastro defence' remedies in place, grape juice amongst them but because sugar feeds gastro type illnesses and for their teeth, my children have very
    little sugar in their diet and so when I give them the grape juice it makes them........nauseous! Would be great to see some research on it huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamafear View Post
    Thanks for the responses! The reason I ask is that I have an arsenal of 'gastro defence' remedies in place, grape juice amongst them but because sugar feeds gastro type illnesses and for their teeth, my children have very
    little sugar in their diet and so when I give them the grape juice it makes them........nauseous! Would be great to see some research on it huh!
    There was recently a study done with grape seed extract, from what I have read it kills the protiens of the virus. I take it daily you can get it anywhere like CVS rite aid or walgreens! I personally couldn't drink 3 glasses of grape juice a day way too much sugar for me, and I too don't give my kids much sugar especially juices because it's so bad for their teeth. I would probably do 1 glass a day for a preventive though?

I have been very vigilant with this method lately and for awhile and I think I can say that it works. If not to downright prevent particular viruses, it just builds up your immune system really well to help you fight off the chances of getting sick. Plus then if you are hygiene-obsessed with handwashing and such, your chance of getting sick is much less.

Due to the juice method, I know it helped me survive the cold season. I never got one when I usually do. The flu, I really think I had it for about a day but it went away much quicker than in years past. And no stomach bugs, thank goodness.

So just my experience has been good with it and it seems others as well. It is worth the try!
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."

How soon after a potential exposure can you drink grape juice for it still to work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey guys! I was reading the thread and was wondering, does 100% grape juice mean not from concentrate? If so, where can I buy it and which brands do you all drink? Was also wondering if welch's white grape was included. I'm glad I came across this thread!!

I have always heard it had to be the purple kind. I am looking at a bottle of welch's right now and it says it is 100% grape juice from concentrate, so I imagine if you mixed it from frozen it would be the same thing, just with your water instead of Welch's.
    Littlestranger, I have heard 3-8 oz glasses a day for 3 days after exposure. I don't do that much for my 4 yo though. He gets 8 oz at breakfast, and another 8 oz at dinner if we've been exposed.

So whether it's from concentrate or not it still works? I'm not a fan of purple grape juice only white grape but after reading this thread, I'm going to learn to love the purple! Lol. So just have a glass a day as a preventative ans if exposed up it to 3 times a day?

That is what we do I do not have ironclad proof that it works, but we have avoided it twice now after exposure. The first time, we were at a chruch picnic and another child pro-v'd right beside my son, who was 2 at the time. Some got on his shoes....ick. We did the juice and all was well. The second time, my son's best buddy had sv on Sat and came to my son's bday party on Sunday. I nearly passed out when I saw them come in. They even sat together at cake time. We did the juice again, and it was fine.
    If the sv comes into my house and it works, I will be a true believer, but until then I am cautiously hopeful

I have read that it must be the Welch's 100% purple grape juice. 1 8oz. glass per day as a preventative and 3 glasses a day after a poss. exposure.

www.stopthestomachflu.com

I use grape juice as a preventative also along with Emergen C.....it has to be 100% purple grape juice, no cocktail. Welchs is the best to use! Like said1001 said, I glass a day and up if it possible exposure seems to do the trick for us. My daughter was hospitalized for 10 days and half the Peds floor had SV and we were safe. I also use soap and water and hand sani like its going to disappear haha, but google the grape juice method and you will find a lot of success stories!

That's awesome. What's emergen C? Haven't seen it before. And does it matter if the juice is from concentrate or not? This is amazing, I'm definitely going to be stocking up on welch's! If anyone knows if white grape works in any way also please let me know. I am glad to hear of the success stories as well!

**** sorry I meant a Smiley face! My phone has a mind of its own

You can buy Emergen C where ever vitamins are sold. I get mine at the local drugstore. Its packets of 1000mgs of vitamin C that you mix with water. It doesn't always taste the greatest but I mix it with very little water and just take it like a shot. It provides a large amount of vitamin C that helps your body fight off sickness. Taking that to boost my immune system and then the grape juice to change the acidity in my belly, I feel great all winter

Hi everyone! Sarahcox, I'm from SC so that's not far from you! I use the grape juice 3 glasses a day and so far so good for me too! I'm not feeling too well today but I'm praying it's meds and constipation related.

What did you decide to do with the grape juice Mamafear? I havent looked in town, but doubt nz has the same products they have mentioned on here. Blinken all we have is mc coys and who knows what else?