Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about rotavirus(might be graphic for some)

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out what illness I had, when I v'd when I was 7(aka, when my phobia began). I doubt it was rota, because I had no d, and I only v'd twice. So background information. I went to religion school the night before, afterwards I had some mcdonalds. Everything was fine; I went to bed later that night. When I woke up, I had the usual stomach ache. My mom forced me to go to school, and around noon, right after lunch(I only had a few bites of a turkey sandwich and a couple fries), I went to class and v'd. I don't remember how I felt, I only remember I put my head down on the desk, next thing I knew, I had v all over my desk and on my clothes. I went home, then a couple hours later, I went in the bathroom, and v'd in the toilet. I remember that hurt a lot, whenever I thought I was finally done, more would come up. That was the end of it, a few hours later I had some potato soup for dinner, and the next day I had no pain at all(i still stayed home from school though). Does that sound like rota? I personally don't think it does, but I don't remember ever having rotavirus, so I just always assumed that I had it then.

Default Re: Question about rotavirus(might be graphic for some)

That sounds like a regular sv (noro) to me. Rota usually involves a lot of d, often over several days. Most kids get it when they are really small and put stuff in their mouth all the time. Most parents I know whose kids had confirmed rota, the kids were under 3 years old, so it is likely you might not remember having it.

Woah, that could of been noro? Omg, that was it? I only v'd twice, and it wasn't even like projectile or anything, so if that was noro, I'm shocked that it wasn't quite as bad as people say it is. Maybe I just had a mild case of it, but wow.

Sounds like noro. I get noro once every few years and I never v with it. I did v with it this summer but that was the first time in 24 years. You don't have to be v over and over with noro. Maybe you just don't v as much as others.

I think how much you v with noro varies with the strain of virus, how strong your immune system is, how much you've eaten, maybe even how much virus you ingest-so lots of variables. I have personally had sv's that are all d, some where I v a few times, and then one really scary one where I v'd for hours and hours. The media has really hyped up the drama over the new strain, bur from what I understand this noro is like any other, and could cause a lot of v or a little, depending on the person.
    Last edited by mamacat; 02-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Wow, thanks for the info I always thought that if I caught noro I'd like, die. But I already had it? Wow.