Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sick coworker, freaking out

The person I was working with today was sent home because he v* in the bathroom, and had apparently had had the flu for the past few days. I was standing directly next to him for a few hours of his shift, and at times our faces were no more than 5 inches apart. He got sent home at 8:20 PM and it's 10:53 now... I feel n* and I'm really freaking out
    Last edited by emmabean; 02-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Default Re: Sick coworker, freaking out

I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I think you're safe. If it's a sv you can't catch it just from breathing the same air, so to speak. You have to ingest the virus. That being said, I'd be a mess, too, since this phobia triggers that response in us. Just try to relax and distract yourself with something pleasant. I hope you (and he) feel better soon!

Default Re: Sick coworker, freaking out

It's been almost 5 and a half hours, and I started feeling okay after a bit but now I feel worse than I did before. I'm still out of zofran because I haven't been able to find time to refill and pick up my prescription....