Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need help and advice! Anxiety :(

My friend came over last night. Before she left she had told me the night before she was with her boyfriend who had woke up Monday morning and v*. He only got sick ONCE Monday morning, she was with him Tuesday night, and was over at my house last night (Wednesday). My anxiety is now thru the roof. Is there a good chance I will catch what he had just from her coming over? I am now scared to touch my door knobs and anything else she touched. I am not sure if it was a stomach virus as usually in the past when I or a friend have gotten it we seem to v* multiple times throughout theday. I am very scared, anyone have any thoughts/advice to help me? Thank you. This phobia is getting the best of me recently.

Default Re: Need help and advice! Anxiety :(

As long as she didnt have diarreah or vomiting you will be fine and as long as she washed her hands before coming over after her seeing her bf. You will only get it if there are particles around you and its only air born if she threw up and you inhaled or swallowed the particles which you didnt. You will be just fine. Dont worry.

Default Re: Need help and advice! Anxiety :(

Thank you he only v* once and that was Monday morning. Has been fine since and I don't know if he had d*. I think too much into things, like she touched her phone or something while over there and even tho she washes her hands and showers she can still touch the stuff she has and then touch things in my house and then me or someone else pick up the germs! I sound crazy I know but its the phobia. Hopefully we will be fine and thanks again I only have Lysol to disinfect but I did that too late. She didn't tell me she was around someone who got sick until she was about to leave! Big no no for me lol