Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my sister (who is also an emet) just found out she was pregnant. what kind of natural remedies are out there that you can take during pregnancy for nausea? i suggested the motion-sickness wrist bands and ginger pills, but i don't know what else is out there. any thoughts?

Hey there....congrats to your sister. Not alot out there, for natural remedies when it comes to being preggers. Ginger is a definate one, and I never though about the wrist band. Another thing to tell her....keep a little in her stomach all the time. I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with n* and have a banana (helped HUGE for me) and would be fine. If you don't nibble abit all the time the n* tends to get worse. As for Rx meds, there are those too, if she wanted to consider them. Hope she has a great pregnancy (not everyone gets too sick anyway)!!!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

yea i would like to know the same just in case i am preggo.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

also, any thoughts on what may cause morning sickness?? i have no clue...

Cuprum metallicum 30 C, a few times a day, not 30 minutes before or after having any sort of taste in your mouth.

Some morning sickness is caused by an excess of copper in the system
    which happens during pregnancy. Zinc balances copper. Take zinc and
    vitamin B6.

what a horrible night to have a curse.

From what I understand, the cause of morning sickness is due to the huge increase in hormones that hit in that first trimester. When the placenta takes over some responsibility for things, m/s seems to dissipate. I believe it also depends on the person and how well their body tolerates the fluctuation of these hormones, especially progesterone. Another good indicater of how sick you MAY be is how your mother was while pregnant. My mom was VERY ill, so I knew it was gonna hit me. They also say you are sicker with girls than with with boys, but who really knows.

Hope this helps a bit!

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Hey there,

HAving just stopped being pregnant 7 weeks ago (I've been a little too busy for the computer lately!!) I can tell you, the sea bands really do work, they are just a little tricky to position. I also drank ginger tea and never ever let my stomach get empy--you are just asking for trouble. And I agree, after 2 girls and my little precious baby boy, girls make you feel sicker!!