Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I thought the season was over?!?

My cousin, her husband, their baby, and now my younger brother all have noro! They live a state away but of course I'm still terrified. There's no way I could get it from them since I missed it by a week (I was there 7 days ago) but seriously, I thought this was supposed to be winding down?? I was just letting my gaurd down and now I was barely able to bring myself to leave the house this morning and I have plans tonight but now I'm too afraid. :-( I know my dad will be sick next and I'll have to hear about it. I can't deal!

Default Re: I thought the season was over?!?

UGH I feel you angela! I almost feel cheated haha. I was excited that it was March but it seems i'm hearing more about it now then when it was supposedly at it's peak back in December! I think that it's a local phenomenon. There are still outbreaks locally, but across the nation it's getting better overall. Take comfort in the latter, but don't let your guard down until April! It's only a few more weeks!!! We'll get through this together!

I'm really hoping Boston's outbreak has moved on!! My family lives in RI. On the bright side, I've lost 12 pounds from being so anxious/only eating certain things but... I'd rather be 12 pounds heavier without the panic, any day
    Last edited by angela638x; 03-02-2013 at 12:00 PM.

I know what you mean.. I'm still hearing cases on it too, but thankfully it done its rounds in my town in late December time.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

In Texas where I'm at it seems like more kids are getting it then adults. Usually adults get exposed to it by their kids. Sping is on the way hold on.

Now my aunt has it as well. My cousin was the first to come down with it, she's a NP at a community health center, then the baby which everybody takes care of. Ahh. I need it to be April.

Just remember...YOU are not exposed.

I know I start to freak out when I read that someone has had it on facebook, even though they're 4 states away.

I think overall, it is winding down. I work at an Elementary school and we have had 2 waves of it. One was in December and one was 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping it's done now!

Sometimes when the seasons start changing and the weather is up and down, viruses can fluctuate. Unfortunately here in Oz, influenza was going around in February (our late Summer) due to the rainy weather and up and down temperatures.

no the noro season is not over, i think by may the cases are really cut down. to be honest noro is always around, just you don't hear about it during the summer.

I know that I have heard about it more lately as well. I thought we were in the clear, but maybe it is making its final rounds! Angela638x, I am from Boston too! I am surprised that I haven't noticed that before!!