Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do anti-inflammatory steroid treatments cause V?

I have a herniated disk and I'm going to the doctor next week. I while back I went to a doctor about this and I think he prescribed me some sort of internal medication that would be steroid anti-inflammatory medication. He also gave me something else along with it that would sooth my stomach because the anti-inflammatory is harsh on the stomach. Well as an emet you can guess that I threw that prescription in the trash when I got home.

So my back is now much worse recently and I'm going back to the doctor. They may prescribe me something like this again. Does anyone have any experience with this situation? When doctors give me something to take that may be purported to upset your stomach I do not take it.

Default Re: Do anti-inflammatory steroid treatments cause V?

I've taken a lot of different anti inflammatory pills in my life. Do you remember what the name of the one you had was? Some of them are easier on the stomach than others. I will say it's never made me v* before though. The most it's done was cause some d*. Just make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach.

I have had several cortisone shots over the past few years due to a knee injury, then a pulled rhomboid / muscle spasm thing I have had since an injury this past summer. I have never v* or come close to it. They basically just made me hyper and a little flushed. Couldn't sleep . I will say that once, I was prescribed multiple steroid packs for severe sinus inflammation, and while I felt great taking them, I believe they had some effect on my immune system-- I got shingles AND mono shortly after. That was the only thing that my dr and I could put together.

I was on a steroid pack due to a neck injury. It made my mind race, I felt a little flushed and more energetic than usual. Nothing even close to v*.

yes they can cause nausea, i know as my mother used to take them.

i had to take a course of prednisone for pleuresy last winter.......i was petrified as the first dose was 6 pills at one time. i was a nervous wreck for a few hours after taking them.....but nothing happened....absolutely no side effects. i did feel a hundred times better as far as the pain went though.....so i did finish the course as prescribed and would easily take it again if i needed it.

my sister has had rheumatoid arthritis for almost 50 years and has been on tons of meds including steroids. no side effects for her either except for weight gain.....she was on them for an extended period of time though......my course was only 7 days. people say you get a ravenous appetite....so obviously no n.

give them a try......i take "new" meds at night most times so that i will sleep through any possible side effects.....so silly i know

hope you feel better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.