Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Peronally I am wondering. When I feel fine I wonder about this and wonder what is so bad about it, but then when I'm having an attack, it's scary. I guess that the reason that I don't like it is because it makes your head like really light headed for like 2 seconds and then back to normal. I know there are more reasons for me, but what is everybody elses?? I'm curious.
    If you\'re from Colorado then tell me!!

I guess some of the reasons for me are

1, Loss of control

2,looking stupid

3,what people think of me

4,choking

5,and just the awful way u feel just before!!!!!!

1. I have no control over it.

2. I am afraid I will not be able to stop once I start.

3. I have no control over it.

Hmmm, I think that about covers it. LOL
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

1. Having no control

2. being humiliated

3. worrying if I did what other people would think

4.The horrible feeling

5. thinking I might pass out

I know that it is easy to look at it when you are feeling ok and say to yourself "hey what is so bad about it" but then when it hits or you think about it, or see it you freak. It is like an uncontrolable flight or fight response. I sure anyone that has a phobia thinks the same way. I hate spiders they terrify my. I think to myself even then ok the next time I see a spider I won't freak out. Its just a spider and it can't hurt me. I still can't get close.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I think I'm scared because:

1. I have no control
    2. It feels/tastes/looks/smells horrific
    3. It's never associated with anything good (except maybe feeling a little better after it's over)
    4. Every time I've ever done it in my life I've HATED it!
    5. It doesn't happen very often *knock on wood* so I can barely even remember what it's like.

<Zach>
    <center><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Bach gave us God\'s word,
    Mozart gave us God\'s laughter,
    Beethoven gave us God\'s fire,
    God gave us music that we may pray without words.
    </center></font></font>

My list is exactly like Zach's except I have to add one thing: I haven't done it in like 17 years but I always remember the feeling of choking, and I hated that. I also feel like I won't stop if I start. I hate the nauseated feeling and not knowing when/if it's going to happen again.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Loss of control. Feeling nasty. Humiliation.

I'm not actually totoally sure... but one reason i came across the other day was.....

1. because no-one knows that i feel sick... and they can't be there for help... (that might make no-sense! lol)

Aslo...

2. lack of control

3. Embarressment (if i'm at school etc.!)

4. Scared i'll get told off..... At school, or at home..... for messing the carpet up, cos i can never make it to the toilet, as i think....' ohh i'll be fine in a sec!'

1.) The actual act: the taste of it, the smell, everything!

2.) Losing control: scared that I won't be able to stop, that I'll choke, that I'll make a huge mess

3.) Dying from it somehow

4.) Doing it in public

5.) The unfamiliarity of it--haven't in 16 years

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmmm... reasons...

1) Lack of control, and the fact that you don't know how many times it will happen

2) Humiliation in front of everyone, and wondering what they will think afterwards

3) Being embarrased in front of people

4) The mess / smell / taste etc

5) The way it makes you feel so crap

It's kinda hard to understand why really... Oh well

xoxox

For me:

1)It's something I cannot control.

2)It's an extremely unpleasant feeling, especially just before it happens.

3)Never knowing exactly when it will happen and what it's going to appear as (and smell as, etc. ... the whole uncertain sensory factor).

4)It's not a common occurance for me. I suppose if I did it more and would be more sensitized to it, it wouldn't feel so "foreign."

5)It's just damn gross, OK! :-P

1) The lack of control you have.

2) The bad nausea and salivating right before it happens, than knowing that your doomed.

3) not knowing how long it will last.

4) The feeling of V*ing and the taste too. Not knowing what to expect (smooth or chunky, smelly or weird colors)

5) Not knowing WHY you are V*ing

6)The fact that I feel too embarrased to let any one know I am feeling sick. I don't want them to react badly or freak out. Therefor, noone ever knows and I go thru it alone.

7) when the panic sets in.

8) Choking on it or inhailing it somehow, than dieing

9) When it comes up your nose or burns your throat

That's all I can think of at the moment. V*ing is just nasty!!

Iagree with all of you...Im afraid of the terrible anxious, full, sick feeling just before it happens, also chocking on it as well as possibly inhaling it,....my heart rate goes though the roof when im doing it.Also,I wonder when the next bout is coming and when its safe to resume living again....waiting for the minutes and hours to pass from it.....just lying there all restless an all.

well for me it is

embarrasement

the possibility that there is something really wrong, like HIV or cancer or something

the retching....I hate that so much. The act itself is disgusting and I can think of no other feeling that is as bad.

I think thats pretty much it for me.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

I dont like the feeling associated beforehand... and not knowing what to expect.
    I also hate the waiting for it, and the embarressment that would occur if it happened in public.

Rachel xxx