Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just curious...

Is it common to v* when you are delivering a baby? Just wondering becauseI'm trying to figure out medical careers that will not involve a lot of v* situations, so I have to scope everything out. Thanks!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

I wish I could say tht it wasn't but it is. The pain and the physical exhastion can lead to v*******. Now that isn't in every case. I was a no med birth soI had no pain reliaf becaues I was too far along when i got to the hospital and I was sick. The horror (I have to say that I was sooo concerened about the baby and the pregnancy going well AND the pain that I didn't really care about the being sick. It wasn't lots though because 90% of the time woman seem to have an intuition and don't eat the day before/day they go into labour.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Im sorry to say but i was feeling ill acouple of days before my baby was born, real bad too......now mind you it was almost 24 years ago lol, but i gotta tell ya , you dont forget these things....also i was just about poisend with all the vomiting and gagging on the maternity ward! bloody unbelievable!

seriously??? why is there so much v*ing on the maternity ward? Aren't women over their morning sickness and all that by the time they give birth? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

These women were still pregnant...but i was so bewildered at why it was still going on as well....i was scared and so mad and upset....looking back..it must of been some kind of complicationand i have also heard that this morning sickness thing can go on and on though out the whole pregnancy.

I've heard that it does happen but anti emetics can be given. good job really!</font>
    Rachel
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I remember being quite nauseous in the most active stage of labour - transition- but I wasn't sick and I got over it....still, it's not the kind of illness you can catch. What about the neonatal ward? then you're just dealing with newborn babies.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

It interesting you want to do something medical, I do too, I'm maybebthinking of psycology, not many people v* in the psychiatric place. Or theres physiotherapy maybe???What other things diid you want to do? in the medical field that iis

what about xray? I just started working there and not alot of people throw up, happens very rarely!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Wow, you guys have really opened my eyes! I am really interested in working with babies, so I really appreciate e-lizabeth's suggestion about working in neonatal. I'll have to look into that! Thanks guys!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I would love to do neonatal too. Just baby throw up there.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Most do v during labor. It is caused by the raging hormons that are making the baby come out.
    I felt like I was going to during the pushing stage but never did.

I do okay with baby v*, but does neonatal involve really high risk babies? It would be sooo sad to see a baby die. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]