Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feels like noro is taking ove the world!

I feel like I am trapped in my house it seems like noro is everywhere! On the news, in the paper, sport stars have got it, everyone on facebook is talking about it even the queen has it!

I feel,like I am doomed! I have not been this nervous in such a long time

I just don't know what to do.

Default Re: Feels like noro is taking ove the world!

I know! I'm a mess and just can't seem to get it out of my head! So good to have this forum though huh! Xx

HUGS - totally get it! :-(
    ---
    Never trust a skinny cook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know what your going through i feel like this as well, feel like i can't escape it no matter where i go

I know what you mean. My family just had it and even though they live one state away from me I panicked all over again!

I definitely feel the same way. One comforting fact is that only about 5 - 6% of people get Noro each year. Still, when someone I know has it - I can't deal!

Summer soon. Worst months are November, December January and feb. March can have some reports but they have dropped massively. I wouldn't worry too much, you wash your hands a lot I take it as your Emet, and that Is already more than the average person does who isn't Emet.

Its okay, its definitely not taking over the world The media make it sound worse than it is. Its always been like that with influenza as well.

Hugs to you all <3 tomorow I am going out to lunch with a friend and then to the mall ugggh this going to be on my mind all day so damn anxious right now

i often feel like i'm in this horror movie (like nightmare on elm street), trying to hide/escape from this monster that is bound to get me eventually. feel so doomed all the time.

I know, & I can`t help but hate the people of norwalk, who brought this bug into being. They have a lot to answer for!

I know what you mean - I spend October-February on pins and needles. Next year my oldest will be old enough for pre-k and I don't even know if I can send her, the exposure will be that much worse. /: But take heart, it's March! Soon we will be out of season!

I'm right there with you today!! Lately, I have relaxed a bit, thinking the worst was over. But for the past few days have been hearing about it like crazy, and I am so freaking scared. (TMI) didn't have my regular BM this morning, so I'm feeling yucky and gross. I also ate pizza last night which I very rarely ever do (eat greasy foods OR eat out-- this hit both of them...). Had indigestion all night last night, felt fine this morning and worked out. The only thing was this, like, bubble of air in my chest area. Like I needed to burp but couldn't? Them ate lunch and just feel icky. I have the feeling of impending doom right now & can't seem to shake it! Have already taken 2 Vistaril and 2 Zofran-- I'm shaking!!

Ugggh damn this phobia I am so sorry for everyone who is going through this.

I feel the same way. The only thing that's been helping me (which I saw someone post on here before) is the media, believe it or not. If you search 'norovirus' or 'stomach bug' on google news, you'll see that there's significantly less media reports, which means that it's dying down. Not only is it dying down, but it's dying down enough for the horrible media to not report on it; which means that it's REALLY REALLY dying down.

I'm still scared, as I'm sure all of you are too, but just remind yourself that the season is nearing it's end. soon, it'll be late Spring/Summer and you won't have to hear of it for a long while. Before you know it, it'll be nice and hot with kids and everyone playing outside, no longer confining themselves indoors for the virus to spread easily. 70 degrees here in Pittsburgh today. Almost over!! xoxo

I work in a large health and beauty retailer, although I'm more in the beauty hall part there are ALWAYS sick people marching through the store to the healthcare counter...
    They cough and sneeze on their money then GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

I'm constantly on edge at work, keep my on hand sanitiser on me at all times... It's awful when colleagues get ill from the inconsiderate customers, why is it so hard to follow what medical advisors are saying and stay it home!

its a rough season this year.