Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: mucinex

Default mucinex

how do you guys feel about mucinex? i'm getting a bad cold (ugh) and i have so much mucus in my throat but it's thick and i'm not able to cough it up, and i know that i should probably take mucinex for feel better but i'm sort of afraid of it...i don't like the idea of coughing stuff up..i'm afraid it's gonna cause me to v*...has anyone ever taken it? is it scary? or should i just take it?

Default Re: mucinex

I always use it when I'm super congested but can't seem to get it out on my own. So far, I have never had an issue with v* when I take it, in fact, it usually ends up making me feel better since having all the mucus caught in my throat makes me feel much worse and makes my stomach seem upset.

I have taken it before and it helped my cold symptoms a lot and did not cause any stomach upset at all. The only problem is it caused sleeplessness and after one whole day of taking it every 4 to 6 hours I did not sleep at all that night or part of the next day. But I felt great! Just be careful with that if you have to go to work or have kids! Feel better!

I'm just scared that coughing stuff up is gonna make me v*...cause it's gross and I'm afraid of gagging

I do not like to cough stuff up either and actually I am afraid of coughing because it could make me gag (I am 32 by the way, I am a big baby I know) but it did not make me do that, it seemed to help the cough go away that I had. I hope you are feeling better!

that is very reassuring, I think I'm gonna take it tomorrow, hope it helps. thanks so much for the responses!!