Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My son and I just returned from the toy store at the mall and they have this kiddie karaoke machine on display with a microphone and he grabs it and puts his mouth on it like he's singing so i immediatly freak out and kinda yelled a little at him for putting his mouth on it....then i go into my basket case mode, mind racing, thinking oh my god he's gonna get sick from the how many other kids that did the same thing...i hate going to toy stores for that reason...i usually try to watch him...but he slipped this one in too fast...do you think he has a good chance of getting sick??...my poor baby, i was in such a bad mood after that[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I hope he will be fine..now it's the "countdown"

Sheri
    ~Sheri~

Most people would not take their children to the mall when they are sick, so I highly doubt there is anything to worry about. I know its hard, but just try to take your mind off of things. And after the waiting game is over, you will see that there was nothing to worry about.

Yeah the chances are slim that any other kid who put his or her mouth on the microphone would be sick. I Don't think that any parents would take their kids to the mall if they were sick. .

~MonicaEdited by: samara's on tv
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I understand how you are feeling....I have a one year old and I know I will be the same way. I hate him touching anything anyone else may have touched that I dont know. I carry in my purse a zip loc bag full of baby wipes. I sanatize as much as I can before he touches something...people watching must think I'm crazy Dont be mad at yourself, we can only do so much!

Christine

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Im sure that there is no risk-most children are well immune from other kids bugs anyway. i can understand your worry though! I think the main thing is to show him that you are not worried of sick or germs or anything.

Fliss x</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Kids will be kids eh, wouldn't it be great to go back and have the freedom of not worrying about germs and everything that goes with it! I agree with Fliss, lord knows we all hate those little germs but wecan't sanitize everything! Unfortunately kids will pick up onour fearstoo and maybe they will grow up with the same fears as us. Its a fine line trying to make them understand something without panic creeping in. Also i think they need a few germs in their lives to harden up their immune systems otherwise they'll catch everything thats going when they get to school. I'm sure your little one will be fine hun.

Take care

Thanks so much for your replies it does ease the mind alittle....so far my son is all right, he does have a cold but i'm sure it was picked up before this incident. I just really hope my kids don't pick up my fears, but I really cannot help myself! It's so sad to see them so carefree and here I am yelling them about touching things and not washing their hand...the list goes on......they just need to be kids, but with me as their mommy it aint gonna happen, thank god for their daddy he's totally carefree like a kid, but it gets on my nerves a lot, ya know.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    ~Sheri~