Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone know what this is?

I get a burning feeling between my ribs underneath my breasts. Is this reflux? Its been driving me nuts. I cant take tums because they make me sick. I am also pregnant. I get this feeling every day. I dont remember if I get it before I was pregnant or if it just happens while I am pregnant. Sometimes it makes me nauseous and sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it even makes my ribs hurt really bad.

Default Re: Anyone know what this is?

sounds like a lovely mixture of reflux and indigestion. Im not sure if they are on the safety list for pregnancy, but nauzene tablets are super effective at killing heartburn and settling your stomach. It doesn't hurt that they help with nausea too. I would check with your doc to make sure they are safe, but they always worked for me. Didn't know about them when I was prego, but tums were my best friend. Try eating something with some carbs and protein, it may help. Some people say to drink milk but that always made my heartburn worse when I was prego. Your best bet is to talk to your OB and see what they suggest Good luck!

Yeah, sounds like indigestion/heartburn--sometimes I will get nauseous with heartburn too. How about ginger-ale, or peppermints??

Saddie1001, normally peppermints is the first thing I go to with belly upset, but I read that even though it calms your belly, it can relax it more which can actually make heartburn worse Just wanted to share

I usually go for sprite or 7up if I have anything that is unsettling in my tummy. Ya even when I am not pregnant I gag on tums. I think its a texture thing and also knowing what its for freaks me out haha. But its just super uncomfortable and has been driving me nuts! This pregnancy is worse then my last haha. With symptoms that is. I am 16 weeks and still tired. My morning sickness JUST went away and as soon as that was gone I had reflux start. So not fun. I will definitely ask my OB about that. You know whats funny, After I had my last child, all I could remember was my little belly (I dont get really big when I am pregnant) and feeling the baby moving and kicking around. I couldnt remember any of the discomforts. So I couldnt wait to get pregnant again hahaha. Um ya this time I am making a mental note. Glad my husband and I only wanted two.

My mum told me that drinking soda water is good for indigestion typed things (which is prollie what it is). However she also told me she once drove through where the bottom of a rainbow was shining on the road, and I dont actually think thats possible. You never know with my mum, but it might be sound! Mind you, go careful as soda water might have the same effect as eating tums etc so try a tiny bit. I think its milder tho.

It's definitely heartburn. I got it so bad when pregnant. I can't take runs either anymore, make me gag. I use diovol or pepto now for it. Peppermint can make it worse, so be careful of that.

Oh, I definitely remember the pregnancy heartburn / acid reflux. It was HORRIBLE! I slept sitting up basically the whole 3rd trimester. I did take Tums, though.. way too many. My dr prescribed me something for it... Prilosec, maybe? What I do now for acid reflux flare ups is drink something fizzy to make me burp, then if that doesn't work, I stir a teaspoon of baking soda in some cold water and drink it. Works most of the time! Hope you feel better.

I had bad reflux while pregnant. My dr said that zantac was safe and that helped better than anything! Call your dr and ask before you take anything.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

Oh lord... I spoke too fast. I ate pizza tonight and have had horrible heartburn like you are describing as soon as I ate. Drank the baking soda and am trying a coke now. It stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Oh lord... I spoke too fast. I ate pizza tonight and have had horrible heartburn like you are describing as soon as I ate. Drank the baking soda and am trying a coke now. It stinks!
    I HATE this stuff. Today it started after I ate chef boyardee beefaroni. The sauce made my reflux act up. I hope you feel better!

Does it ever make your appetite go away? I made dinner tonight and it smells delicious but I cant eat it! Ugh... I need to try soda or something. I will probably have my husband run to the store tonight. And of course I made tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner. :/ Dang it. I made myself toast. I guess I will try eating that.