Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Any reassurance or advice??

I kind of have two questions.

First, I went to the dentist on Monday, and my hygienist was fine. I had to go back today for a filling and I found out she was out with a sv*. It's been two days and I'm fine so far (knock on wood). Would I have caught something from her by now if it was starting then?

Secondly, I have to back on Friday again (I have to go back to school so I have to fit a lot of appointments in when I'm home) and she'll probably be there by then. Should dentist offices be super-hygienic since their physically putting their hands in your mouth and are that close to you? I know they wear gloves, but it doesn't really calm the fear too much -_- Plus touching doorhandles and such.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: Any reassurance or advice??

I think you would know by now!. Plus unless your dentist does not wash their hands (unlikely working in that field, plus they wear gloves) I wouldn't worry at allx

I think you'll be fine. I'd be very surprised if there are not very stringent protocol surrounding hygiene in a place like that. Try and relax. X

Thank you both, I'll try to relax. They know I take Xanax before I come anyway so I hope that helps.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."