Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My son. Freaking out!!!

I was mostly fine today. I started my monthly. I drank way too much caffeine. Ate at Popeyes chicken. A few minutes ago my son started to freak out because he said he keeps burping and he thinks he's gonna get sick. So he sat in front of the toilet having a panic attack and saying his stomach hurts. And tells me to give him medicine to take it away. I gave him a tums and I'm freaking out. He didnt look like he was going to get sick because usually he turns really pale. I tried to calm him down the best I could and suggested he take a bath. My husband is being very unsupportive. Telling me well what do you want me to do? And he knows I'm freaking out. My son says he feels a little better but I feel like he's a walking time bomb and I don't want him to be far from a bathroom and I don't want to get the bucket yet because I don't want to scare him. I don't know what to do. He's suppose to start a new class tomorrow. And I'm a mess. Help please!!!!

Default Re: My son. Freaking out!!!

Aw I really feel awful for u and him right now! But try to calm down some.. I know its way easier said than done. But U know that if u calm down, u will handle all of this much better! He might've eaten a lil too much and is just feeling full. And may be feeling a lil nervous (subconciously) about the new class tomorrow. U never know with kids. But as for you, just try to relax. Try to SLEEP. Keep an ear out for him, if he needs you. It's gonna be ok and yall are gonna make it thru this, whatever it may be
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

This is just a night from hell. My son says he feels better after his bath. I hope so. I made a bed for him on my floor. Covered it best I could. Snuck in the bucket. He looks fine. I'm trying my hardest to stay calm. It might just be the fried chicken. I keep burping it myself. I was just busy today and didnt have the time or energy to go to the store and come home and cook. I hate eating out but sometimes I have to resort to that. My anxiety is high. I'm trying to stay calm to keep him calm. But I went to go turn the TV off and noticed a crack in the screen. We just got it like 2 months ago and we put it up high so the baby wouldn't break it. My husband is going to be so mad and I'm sure he's gonna take it out on the other boys. I'm so stressed out. I just want to leave right now. I wish I could.

Now it's me. Could it be FP? I'm freaking out. My 2 yr old was asleep on me and I had to move because he sweats so bad in his sleep. I got up and thought I wanted something sweet so I ate a cupcake then took a kolonopin and a drink of my peppermint tea and suddenly got a pain in my forehead and my stomach turned. I'm going crazy.

It might not be FP, but some of the grease/ingredients in the fried chicken that is upsetting your stomachs. Try to take deep slow breaths, and drink your peppermint tea. You are going to be ok, peppermint tea helps settle my stomach a lot!

It could just be the grease. I know it affects me badly sometimes.

How are you feeling?

It really could be the grease. It's happened 3 times with my husband but with KFC and he was never sick; just took a while to digest. I hope you got some sleep and you and your son are feeling better!

If he was sick, he would have v*ed by now. I'm sure he's fine, that happens to me whenever I eat fried foods.