Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxious....again.

I'm becoming a regular here this week! It's been such a hard week though. Anyway, I'm really anxious right now and I'm not sure why. All I can think of as the cause is that my stomach hurts. More low down, like hip level, but also the rest of my stomach. Not cramps or anything. Probably just anxiety, but its not helping me stay calm. Hopefully that's all it is and my Valium kicks in soon. Hopefully not one of my recent freak outs over food poisoning becoming a reality.

Default Re: Anxious....again.

By hip level mean lower abdomen.... I spend a lot of time in a wheelchair so to me because I am sitting lower abdomen is hip level

Default Re: Anxious....again.

Don't freak out. I have really bad anxiety and that's where my stomach hurts too. Here is what I try to calm down (im not on anti anxiety meds). I wrap myself up in a blanket and watch something on tv that makes me have to pay attention. Swaddling is a known technique for calming yourself down. I do alternate nostril breathing....google it, its way easier explained there then I can do it. I also eat peppermints bc it is a natural stomach calmer. I hope those help....here if you need me!