Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! never been so scared!! :(

I'm at work as we speak. One of my coworkers came back to work yesterday. She has been throwing up for 5 days straight, god only knows WHY she came back while still sick, but today the smell of the food apparently got to her and she started feeling sick again. She breathed in mine and my managers face (she was doing a sigh, like deep breathing) because she thought she was going to be sick again. She hadn't thrown up here today yet, but I went to check on her in the bathroom and she started getting sick so I left really fast. My question, is if she breathed, like blew air in my face, will I catch it? Oh and me and manager touched the computer screen that my coworker had already been touching. We washed out hands for a good min, and then she handed me a chip to try out our new dip. Will I catch it that way as well? I am freaking out someone help me!!! Its only my 3rd day of work

Default Re: Help! never been so scared!! :(

Im pretty sure you cant catch it from her breathing on you. And if you don't wash your hands and touch your face ie. your eyes, mouth nose....there is a slight chance if she didn't wash her hands. Do you think she is being careful and washing her hands after being sick? I definitely would never take food out of someone elses hand and put it in my mouth, especially if she has been sick. That may have not been the wisest decision. I would Lysol everything you think shes touched and things that you touch and start taking preventative measures such as boosting vitamin C and drinking 100% grape juice. Just remember, wash your hands and clean around you....and never take food out of someone elses hands....hang in there!!

5 days? That is a bit long. Are you sure it's something contagious?

I took the chip from my managers hand.We had both just washed our hands. Definitely getting grape juice. I'm terrified. I didn't take it from the sick girl. I'm so scared I'm going to catch it. If I do the grape juice will that help prevent it?

She has been throwing up for 5 days. Had diarrhea one time. Doctor said it will go away it's a stomach virus but ages going back because she's never thrown up this long before. Idk if she's contagious or not. But I'm still scared

The doctor said will go away in 1 to 2 days and she's not any better. Poor girl was crying she felt so bad. But I unfortunately used the same computer as her so now I have to wash my.hands again and Lysol my phone down. I have never heard of a stomach virus lasting 5 days though? And I took the chip from my managers hand and we had both just washed our hands. Hoping that wasn't the deal breaker though my anxiety is thru the roof.

5 days seems weird for sv.....keep washing and cleaning and yes I have heard wonderful things about grape juice and we drink it everyday in my family

I am buying some tonight. I actually justgot off work. I made the managers send her home because when I checkedon her she started to v*. Sorry for the typos my phone is behaving weirdly. Every sv* I have had has only lasted a day maybe 2 Max. I'm just scared. I lysoled my phone and am washing my work clothes later as well. Have washed my hands 3 times since I've been home. I'm just worried because even though my manager and I washed out hands before she handed me a chip, she still picked up her clipboard which she had touched previously (my mind goes too in depth lol) so its really really making me regret taking the chip. How often should I drink the grape juice? Is Welch a good choice & does white grape count at all?

welchs 100% purple grape juice...the white doesn't have the same things the purple juice has....I drink 1 glass a day unless I think ive been exposed or just feeling like I need to then I will have 2-3 glasses

It bugs me to death when people who are ill come back to work early or when they're not feeling 100%.. Its clearly stated you are supposed to stay off work / rest until symptoms have stopped for 24-48 hours in order to prevent the virus from spreading. I think most people have no idea of the sheer hell and stress this causes us poor emetophobes!

I know! BUT I just found out yesterday after I left work that when she got back to the ER they told her it was gallstones
    She had been v* for 5 days had d* one time and was having terrible stomach pains. She went wen it first started and based on symptoms told her it was an sv* and she would be better in 24-48 hours. Well she never got better and they had overlooked her gall ladder problem from a few months ago and I guess decided to check it and found gallstones ans told her that's why she wasn't getting any better. Gave her a bunch of prescriptions until she can have it removed. But I'm not taking any chances, so far I has one glass of grape juice before bed last night and today have only managed to have 2 because I got off work later than usual and decided to.nap. I'm freaking out still thinking I haven't drank enough! :/

That's definitely not contagious. My mom had it one year. She was v for days. She thought she had food poisoning. But after so many days she went to the ER and they discovered the stones. When they went to operate on her they realized her gallstones caused gangrene in her gallbladder so she had to have it removed and suffered a terrible infection. She was so bad they couldn't stitch her up and she had to heal open. Your co worker needs to be seen. Poor thing. I hope you get to calm down. If its gallstones she has you'll be fine.

Is it possible she's pregnant? 5 days is a long time.

Oh yes, your gallbladder can cause you to be extremely ill. Poor girl. Glad they finally figured it out!

I was just going to suggest that she may have another culprit wrong with her. Glad it's nothing contagious an nothing to worry about, but just the involvement in hearing someone vomiting or say they have been or have to is enough to shoot my anxiety through the roof.

OH didn't see the actual diagnosis! Glad it wasn't contagious and you're able to relax!