Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My husban has been vomiting for hours. Am I next?

My husband started throwing up around 4am. Yesterday he had a headache and was hot so he went to bed early. He's been in bed all day today with chills, vomiting every 20-30 mins and diarrhea. I went to work. I came home from work an hour early bc I thought I was going to v**** at work. I drove home with a plastic bag on my lap and a cold wash cloth on my neck. I am freaking out. Am I going to get it? Or is it in my head? The power of suggestion can be so strong (either way) that I feel like I can literally make myself sick, or better even. I am feeling ok right now. Stomach gurgly and burping but then again it could be my nerves. I don't wanna get sick. I feel like I need to be knocked out to deal with this... literally. I'm terrified. Help

Default Re: My husban has been vomiting for hours. Am I next?

I'm also so embarassed bc I left work and I wasn't even throwing up. I feel like a big baby. I'm 26 yrs old. I couldn't tough it out. I haven't thrown up yet and if I go to work tomorrow it's almost embarrasing to say "No I didn't get sick." They will prob be like wtf. Plus today bf I left, I had spoke to my boss like normal. Then all of the sudden I was calling her saying I needed to go home. Gah I feel like an idiot!!!

You can always say, no you didn't v but you felt very ill. Not everyone v's with a sv. I usually don't.

Don't feel like a baby. You didn't feel well so you went home...people do this all the time.

You won't necessarily get it. Just clean, clean, clean and wash your hands. Can you use a different bathroom than your husband? My hubby had it last year and I asked him to stay in our room and use our bathroom. He did and no one else got it. I just slept in another room and used a different bathroom. When he was better, I went in with gloves and cleaned with bleach.

It's probably anxiety making you feel nauseous. That happens to me every time someone in the house is ill. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before eating or touching your face and keep your distance, and you should be alright. Hugs.

Hang in there!!! Did you tell your boss your husband was throwing up all day? Then it totally makes sense that you're hypersensitive to feeling nauseous. Plus - if I were your boss - I'd be happy you left - no one wants a stomach virus going around the office!

hope you stay well.