Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! Daughter is sick, and I'm panicked.

My oldest daughter (7), v* almost 3 hours ago and hasn't since. Luckily, she made it to the garbage can and I got my shirt over my mouth/nose before she started. I then went through the bleaching surfaces routine. If she had noro, wouldn't she be getting sick more frequently? I'm in full-out panic waiting for the next round of v*, heart racing every time I hear her shifting her weight around on the couch, thinking she is waking up to v* again. I hate having this phobia.

Default Re: Help! Daughter is sick, and I'm panicked.

She might be done v*. Sometimes with that virus, you only v* once and then you get over it. You will be fine!!

poor kid :/ hope she's feeling better now, and that your ok too! as a kid, there was only one time where i vomited more than once. every other time i had a quick V* and then was all good hopefully your daughter's the same! xx
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

My 5 year old did the same thing v* one time and was done I know it was a sv because of how she acted and how quickly it came on and then 36 hours later my oldest had d* a few times and then was fine. I hope she is feeling better!

My kids often only v once. She may not v again.

How is she this morning?

She is still sleeping, but she only v* once (thank goodness - in the past she has done it every 45-60 minutes for 8 hours straight), and that was about 11 hours ago. I'm not as panicky since I can rationalize that since she only v* once, maybe it is not a super strong bug and if I get it, I probably won't v* at all (just stomachache and n*, etc). Thanks for the support! It is a bit of relief to know I'm not the only one who feels like this. My husband doesn't get it really. It's not that he enjoys v*, it just doesn't really freak him out at all.

Well, she just woke up and said her tummy doesn't hurt at all. She's pretty cheerful actually She's sipping some water and already asked if she can have some toast in a little while. I think this is a sign of a pretty mild sv*, thank goodness!

So happy for you! X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

So glad for you!!!!