Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicked and nauseous after exposure.

So, in my last post I said my coworker v* at work. I was off the next two days and she came into work STILL sick. My other coworker said she was v*ing the entire time she was at work for two days! She then went to the hospital for three days where they confirmed norovirus. She was sick for almost an entire week! Anyways, while she was gone I took over her position, so I used her desk, phone, keyboard, mouse, everything. I Lysoled her desk every day before I started working. Washed my hands often, used sanitizer that kills noro, didn't touch my face, been taking lots of vitamins and supplements, but I suddenly just got nauseous and dizzy and I have the same "impending doom" feeling I had before my last sv* ten years ago. I took four Dramamine and am chewing ginger gum, but I'm terrified right now. I have Phenergan suppositories in my fridge in case of dire emergency.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Panicked and nauseous after exposure.

hang in there - your mind can seriously play tricks on you and make you feel sick when you know you were exposed. if you cleaned and washed your hands - i think you should be okay. When was your last time at work? how are you feeling now?

I worked today, I'm just scared that I missed somewhere when I was Lysoling. The whole place just feels so contaminated.

ugh - i would have called in sick. i'm sorry that you got stuck working under those conditions. anyway, hopefully you don't have to go back for a few days? i think you'll be fine but the anxiety is totally understandable. i would be freaking out - i do anyway from lesser exposure! try to get some rest and if you eat, eat "easy' things like chicken noodle soup, etc. keeping my fingers crossed for you...

I'll be using her office again tomorrow. :c

You should be ok, i think it's anxiety more than anything..How are you feeling today?

Didn't sleep a bit last night from the panic and now at work falling asleep! Still Lysoled everything again this morning.

Remember, you have to ingest the virus. You haven't been touching your face, so you should be absolutely fine.

Gypsy, I keep trying to convince myself that and my anxiety brain tells me no. Hahah.