Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh, just when I thought I had no reason to panick

My sister has IBS and a very sensitive digestive system. And today she's not feeling good, lots of belching, tired, bloated and nauseous. She seems to think its giardia. I'm just hoping it isn't contagious. Ugh I hate living with her. She always has some symptom that triggers my emetophobia.

Default Re: Ugh, just when I thought I had no reason to panick

I know this is not pleasant but does her lower wind smell like sulpher/rotten eggs? If they do, there is a chance it is Giardia. To my knowledge, it's not contagious, but you may want to check that. In the mean time, wash hands and remember you're not alone. Sending loads of protective vibes7 x
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I don't think her lower wind smells like that no. I think she's probably had it before at some point and I never caught it. It's just my emetophobic brain being its usual self probably. I live in a major city so I'm sure if there was an increase in giardia from the water I'd have heard about it on the news.

Giardiasis is a parasite that causes intestinal symptoms. It is passed through the fecal oral route.

Yes, but it can also be found in water if the water has been contaminated by human or animal waste and not treated in a particular way.

Why does she think it's giardia?

She's now changed her mind on it being giardia. She thinks it's the same thing she's had for the past two-three weeks. If it is then I think I'm safe, because if I was going to get it I would have done so by now. She also has some sort of cold/flu thing, so she's feverish etc. I'm just going to keep being completely OCD about hand washing and not having her touch my things/food and just hope.